71. Surprise

|11:30 p.m. ET|

The New York City airport was bustling with people even at such a late hour, and Jungkook knew the situation wouldn't be any different even in four hours of time. Neither was the situation different in Seoul. The airport there was also always almost as busy as the one here, but, with more people. So this was nothing unusual for Jungkook. In fact, he barely payed attention to the crowd around him. He just focused on the ringing in his ear, as he waited for Taehyung to pick his phone up.

"Hey Kookie!" He heard Taehyung's sweet voice from the other line as he gracefully lifted his lips into a smile. He pushed his body a little further down the chair and let his head fall back as he let out a content sigh and almost whispered, "Hey baby." Taehyung's soothing voice always calmed him down, drained every worry floating in his head and relaxed him. Especially right now, when he was about to talk about a sensitive issue, he needed Taehyung more than anything. 

"What're you up to? Party over? Back at the house?"

"Yeah." He lied. He was going to surprise Taehyung, he couldn't tell him that he was at the airport.

"How was it?"

"Ugh absolute shit. I came back early, couldn't stand it."

Taehyung chuckled, "Didn't your parents tell you to stay?"

"Nah, they probably didn't even know I was there."

A short hum was let out by Taehyung before a silence made its way in between them. Not exactly awkward or comforting, but uneasy for sure. Only for Jungkook though. 

He knew he had to speak about the incident that took place with Ara before a third person would make Taehyung aware of it. So, he instantly yet hesitantly began speaking, "Tae?"

"Yes love?"

"I need to speak to you about something."

"Okay go on."

"So, uhm, something happened at the party."

"Okay, and?" Taehyung spoke in a soft voice and he could almost visualize Jungkook fidgeting with his nails due to his nervousness. 

Jungkook sighed, "I'm just going to say this in one breath. So Ara came up to me when we were texting, that's why I had to leave. She was kinda being more touchy than normal like she kept touching my shoulder and arm and I felt really uncomfortable so I backed away. She told me to stop being formal with her but I told her I don't want to get informal and then she questioned it because she thought we were friends. I instantly told her that I did not consider her as a friend whatsoever and that's when things really went downhill. She pushed me against the wall and got really close to me, like her breasts were touching my chest. Then she tried to kiss me and I instantly pushed her away. I don't know what got into her. I thought she was nice." Jungkook exhaled, literally spitting everything out in one breath. He tentatively waited for Taehyung to speak.

"Damn." Was all he heard from him. He felt confused, wondering what he should make out of that single word. He knew he wasn't at fault so he didn't feel guilty but he was worried for what Taehyung felt about this and how it would affect him. 

He stayed silent, not knowing what he should be saying. After a few seconds, he heard Taehyung speak again.

"I mean, I thought she was nice too from whatever I heard of her so this comes as a shock to me too."

"You're not mad?"

"Mad at you? Obviously not, you did nothing wrong. You pushed her away and now you're telling me about this, why would I be mad at you? Instead I should be happy I got such a loyal boyfriend. But yes, I am mad at Ara. What the fuck was she thinking? Was she drunk?"