43. Red

"Class, you now have to work on a major assignment that accounts for 25% of your grade" The teacher began.

"The assignment is a group project. I have divided all of you in pairs. It's Friday today, you get the weekend to prepare it. On Monday, I need all of your assignments in or your grading will be deducted by 50%"

"Here are the group names, please note them down"

As the teacher began reciting the group names, all the students in the class sighed. It was the Chemistry lecture. As Taehyung and Jungkook like to call it: The worst subject of all time. The two were seated in class at the moment. Because the students had liberty to choose their bench partners, Taehyung and Jungkook sat together. They sat on the same bench for every class they had together.

As the teacher called out the pair names, Taehyung heard his name. He instantly straightened up and became attentive to hear who he was paired with.

"Taehyung and Jungkook - Team 7" The teacher said

Taehyung and Jungkook's eyes widened as they both looked at each other and high-fived while fake crying. They both were relieved to be in the same team. 

It had been 5 days since the two had gone out. Their routines were going per usual these days. Seok Jin's birthday was celebrated earlier in the week and the plan had worked smoothly. The little surprise was given to the birthday boy in his very own cafe. He would usually open the cafe at 7 a.m. and then the boys would enter one by one in the span of an half an hour. None of their university started before 8:30 so they would simply help Jin clean and set up the cafe. But on the 4th of December, to his shock, Jin had found the cafe to already be open. He had opened the door with caution and had gotten startled to hear 6 extremely loud voices wish their hyung a Happy Birthday. When the lights went on, he saw the cafe decorated in balloons, ribbons and streamers. Namjoon had walked up to him and kissed him as he wished him. Though, that wasn't the only gift they had given him. The cafe was already clean and ready to serve it's customers. For the next hour, the 6 bestfriends had given Jin his presents. First, to prank him, they had all given him ridiculously embarrassing gifts. Jin, being the sweet angel he is, accepted them anyway. Then, they had given him his actual gifts: a promise ring by Namjoon, a perfume by Yoongi, a pink sweater with his name embroidered on it by Hoseok, three handmade picture frames by Jimin (one with only his picture, one with him and Namjoon and the third, with all 7 of them), a silver necklace with a 'Sagittarius' pendant by Taehyung and finally, a custom watch by Jungkook. He had thanked them and later, they all once again, partied at the cafe at night after it was closed.

On Sunday, when they all had met in the cafe, Taehyung had excitedly held Jungkook's hand and announced that he was Kookie. The others' were surprised but not in a bad way at all. They were happy for the two and had started shouting things like 'Start dating already', 'What the hell are you waiting for?' and 'You're literally in love' resulting in a shy and red Jungkook and Taehyung to sit on the table. After that, things were going as normal. Taehyung and Jungkook texted everyday, the bestfriends met in the cafe per usual and everybody was excited for Taehyung's birthday, Christmas and the Winter break.

The teacher dismissed the class as the bell rang. The students hurriedly packed their bags and left the class with huge smiles since it was the last class of the day.

"Did y'all get the Chemistry assignment too?" Jimin asked as he saw Taehyung and Jungkook walk towards him. With him stood Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok.

"Yeah duh, why are you looking so stressed though?" Taehyung asked with furrowed brows.

"Who did you get paired with?" Jimin asked with a frustrated expression as he rubbed his forehead.