96. Nerve-Wracking

|28th DECEMBER - 10:00 a.m.|

'This day is already so beautiful.'

Jungkook stood with his arms leaning against the window sill, smiling as the warm sunshine caressed his face and the gentle, yet extremely chilly breeze brushed past his hair. It wasn't common to experience sunshine so late into December in the city of Seoul. So, the barely there sunshine made this day extra special, instantly putting Jungkook into a lovely mood.

He began to take a sip of his warm water, peacefully appreciating the silence, only to be stopped mid-way when he heard a groan followed by an extremely deep and groggy voice.

"Can you not leave the bed, Jungkook?" Taehyung complained, pulling the sheets even closer to his body.

Jungkook chuckled and turned around, fondly smiling when he saw his lover's adorable expression, "C'mon Tae, it's not even that cold today. The sun is out."

"Not cold for you. I'm freezing. Get your ass here, quick."

"No, you come here. The sunshine will warm you up."

"No. You will warm me up. The sun can't do shit."

Jungkook snorted, setting his cup aside, he briskly walked towards Taehyung. He slowly got into bed and pulled the blanket over him before looking at Taehyung with an amused glint in his eye.

He questioned, "You think I can warm you up better than the sun?"

"I know it. Can you hold me already? Or do you want me to freeze to death?"

Jungkook's grin melted into a frown and a pout as he scooted closer to the older and carefully tucked him into his chest. He brushed Taehyung's hair away from his face before softly leaving a kiss on his temple, "Hey, don't talk about shit like that."

"Like what?" Taehyung asked, sounding immensely satisfied and half-asleep already.

"Like death."

The older smiled, lifting his head up so he could look at Jungkook in his eye, "I didn't mean it, hon."

"Yeah, I know. But it's enough to scare me."

Taehyung giggled and left a short kiss on the younger's lips, "Don't worry, okay? You're not going to get rid of me that easily."

Jungkook smiled too, but the worry in his eyes was still clearly visible to Taehyung.

"Yeah, please make that extremely difficult. So difficult, that it's impossible for me to get rid of you."

Taehyung chuckled, then asked on a more serious note, "Why are you worried, Kook?"

"Dunno. Just the thought of losing you frightened me."

Taehyung lifted Jungkook's chin up with his index finger. He looked deep into the younger's eyes, finding nothing but love and sincerity in them, he whispered, "It's our anniversary tomorrow, babe. Think happy thoughts only."

"As long as you're with me, how can I think about anything else?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, his cheeks turning a pretty shade of pink as he playfully slapped Jungkook's chest, "Stop being so cheesy, ew."

Jungkook snorted, "You love a cheesy boyfriend, Tae."

"Damn, you know me too well."

"Hm. Of course I do." He kissed the top of Taehyung's head before sinking deep into his never ending cycle of thoughts again.

It wasn't just by chance that he felt paranoid of losing Taehyung today. There was a reason behind it: the proposal. He was going to ask the older to marry him tomorrow, and he could swear that he had never, ever faced something more frightening and nerve-wracking than that in his life. The worst part being the fact that he didn't even know why he was so anxious in the first place. He knew Taehyung was going to say yes. There was no way he wasn't going to. But maybe it was just the fact that this was such a big deal. Asking someone to marry you so you could spend the rest of your life together isn't a minor thing whatsoever. It could even be considered the pathway to the most important milestone of your life: your wedding.