89. Tired

|2 MONTHS LATER - 7:30 p.m.|

"That would be a thousand won, ma'am. Thank you so much. Have a good day!"

Jungkook watched Taehyung as the boy greeted the woman with a fake smile. He watched then, as the woman left the store, how the older threw his head back and sighed, visibly tired. He walked towards him.

Taehyung got back to sorting out the scattered money bills in his drawer. It was the time for him to take an evening break, but there still was one customer in the shop. He sighed as he disinterestedly tried his best to organise the drawer before he felt two hands on his shoulders, gently massaging them. 

"Ah, Kook, no. Someone's still there."

"Don't care. You look really tired. You okay?"

Taehyung nodded his head, repeating his earlier statement again, "Baby, there's someone in the store. This isn't appropriate." But, his actions spoke otherwise. His head was thrown back, almost leaning on Jungkook's shoulder and his mouth agape. He had an expression of pure satisfaction, thoroughly enjoying Jungkook's generous massage. But the younger knew why he wanted him to stop.

Jungkook chuckled at his contradicting words and actions. He leaned in to press a warm kiss beneath his ear, "Fine, but I'm telling her to hurry up 'cause she's eating into our break."

"Koo-" Taehyung began speaking, mostly in an attempt to stop Jungkook. But, before he could even say his name, the boy had already disappeared in one of the aisles. Taehyung heard their soft conversation.

"Good evening ma'am. Are you in search of something? May I help you?"

"Hi, no. I'm just looking."

"Well, I'm sorry if this comes off as rude but it's the workers' time to take a break now. And we have to shut the store, so..."

"Yeah, fine whatever."

Then, Taehyung saw the woman storm out of the store with a small frown. As soon as she stepped out, Jungkook closed the shutter almost all the way down and ran towards Taehyung, tightly pulling the older into his arms.

Taehyung chuckled, "That eager to hug me?"

"Yeah, I'm tired too. Want you so bad."

Taehyung's grin became bigger, "We should do this in the break room. Mr. Lee could come in any minute."

"Yeah." Jungkook said, breaking the hug but never letting go of Taehyung's hand as he led them into the break room.

The two were currently the only ones in the store, and so was the situation every day. When they come in, there are always a few workers there. But, after six o'clock, it's just the two of them, catering to god knows how many people. Although, they still couldn't cuddle around in the main area of the store, knowing the owner could come in for a surprise inspection any time. To ensure their privacy, they always hurdled to the break room, or the locker room, it's one and the same. Their spot to hang out during their short thirty minute break.

As soon as they stepped foot into the small, dingy looking room and Jungkook had locked the door shut, Taehyung found himself in Jungkook's arms again. Only this time, he hugged Jungkook just as tight as the younger hugged him.

With Taehyung's back pressed against the lockers and Jungkook holding him tight, this was one of the most comforting moments of the day. Sure, being at home and cuddling in bed was much better. But after such a rough day, the couple was barely conscious at night to register how well their bodies fitted with each other.

Taehyung pulled Jungkook closer to him and nuzzled his face into the younger's neck, instantly sighing on inhaling his familiar scent, one that reminded him of home. He could feel Jungkook gently massage his scalp and debated on whether he should lean in closer to his neck, to bask in that beautiful scent or lean back, in the direction of the oh so comforting massage.