82. Evil

|8th JANUARY - YANG ARA'S P.O.V|

Ara stood in front of the calendar hanging in her room, right beside the picture frame of her and her father. She looked at the date, 8th January. 

She had one week. 

One week before Jeon Corp. hosted the annual business party. One week before she had to execute the terrifying and disgusting plan assigned to her by Mr. Jeon.

She closed her eyes tight, restricting the burning tears from flowing down her pretty face. She didn't want to do this. At all. Didn't want to paint her hands dirty with the sin of potentially breaking apart the most beautiful relationship she had ever acquainted with.

But she had to.

For her father, she kept telling herself.

She sat on her bed, now gazing at the picture of her and her dad. Her world. Her mother had left the mortal world when she was only a year old. The only memory she had of her were the ones secured in photo frames. Her dad had raised her, and so beautifully. It was finally time to pay him back. She needed to do this.

She scoffed with a sad smile, yet disguised hatred when she thought about how well Mr. Jeon had convinced her to perform the sickening act. How well he had blackmailed her to make Taehyung believe Jungkook was cheating on him. 

She wondered if Taehyung would believe her. She questioned how strong Taehyung and Jungkook's bond of trust really was. 

Either way, she had to make the act seem as convincing as possible. Her father was at stake, she needed to do it.

At one point, she had also cursed at her dad for having tied up with a man like Jungkook's father. She hated him. She felt nothing but pure hatred for him.

She wished she could run away with her father. To a land which only served them with happiness. 

But she couldn't.

Mr. Jeon had blackmailed her too well.

|FLASHBACK|

It was late when Ara heard her phone ring: 11:00 p.m. No one but her father could have been calling her at this hour. Therefore, she was terribly surprised to find Mr. Jeon's name staring back at her. She contemplated picking the phone up, but the rings seemed urgent and so did Mr. Jeon's voice when she let out a soft, "Hello?"

She expected a greeting accompanied by a quick apology for calling her so late at night. But she didn't receive either. Just one daunting line, "I need you to make Taehyung think Jungkook is cheating on him."

"What?!" She exclaimed, horrified. She had made the mistake of complying to Mr. Jeon's inhumane demands of ruining his son's relationship once. She couldn't do it again, she didn't want to.

She wasn't sure what had gotten into her that night when she had almost sexually assaulted Jungkook. That side of hers was a stranger to her, and she preferred it staying the same way.

She had ran behind Jungkook that night. To apologize to him, to make him aware about Mr. Jeon's motives, so he could run away forever. But before she had the chance to talk to him, he was already gone.

She had wished he would never return. She had hoped that she would never have to see his face again, for she didn't think she could handle the heavy burden of guilt when she would see the hatred in his eyes for her. 

But here she was. Being ordered by the same repulsive father to hurt the same pure human being. But this time, the act would be a million times worse.