70. Lover

|10:05 p.m. ET]

Unlike how many would expect a lavish formal party thrown by one of the biggest companies in the world to be dominated by hues of platinum, gold and diamond, the room Jungkook walked into used soft and soothing grays and silvers to create a sparkling, luxurious feel. One large chandelier in the center and many other smaller ones dangled from every corner of the luxurious hall's ceiling. The plush, silvery grey carpet on the floor looked so inviting, it just made one want to throw the ridiculously tight dress shoes off their feet and sink their toes into the cloudy feeling. 

Except, the room was not soft and soothing for Jungkook. Neither did the carpet look tempting. At least not near tempting to the less soft and cheaper carpet he had in his house back in Seoul. The too well fitted suit he wore constricted his arms from moving freely, and the tie he wore almost made him choke. Or maybe it was the atmosphere of the hall that made him breathless. He resented parties like these and wearing fancy clothes. It was so ironic how he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth yet he hated that spoon. He just found rich celebrations so extra. Why call a couple hundred guests you've talked to once in your life when you could call ten people you're close to and have the best time of your life?

People in expensive parties are always so artificial. Their jewelry was real, but everything else about them was fake. Their accent, their likeness for each other, everything they did was just for the heck of it. So that when there's a time they need help, there's a line of people that could aid them. Just because they were 'nice' to you at some party that took place years ago. 

Jungkook had never felt so out of place in his life. In this gigantic hall, he felt so tiny. He didn't know anyone, he didn't recognize a single person's face. Of course he knew his parents, but his relationship with them was as good as not knowing them at all. In the ten days that he had been in the United States, he had never once wanted to go back home as bad as he did now, to cuddle with Taehyung on their all too familiar couch as they watched their favourite romcom. The urge to just book a ticket and fly back to Taehyung was too high at the moment.

He secluded himself in a corner so his parents wouldn't notice him and he wouldn't have to talk to random strangers. He took his phone out of his pocket and did the thing he loved to do the most: talk to Taehyung.

Jungkookie💜💖: Tae

Pls reply istg pls pls

Pls see this

TaeBear✨💜 : OMG

WTF HAPPENED

Jungkookie💜💖: Nothing happened

I'm just bored af

TaeBear✨💜 : Oh

Weren't you supposed to be at a party?

Jungkookie💜💖: Yeah

That's why I am so bored :(

TaeBear✨💜 : Aww my poor babie 🥺

Jungkookie💜💖: Ikr 🥺

But well, what better way to pass time then talk to my texting buddy? 😌