49. My Love

[NOTE : Later in this chapter, there is a part where Jungkook sings to Taehyung. Y'all can watch this video when he does so, Enjoy!<3]

 Y'all can watch this video when he does so, Enjoy!<3]

|11:00 p.m.|

Jungkook sat in the comfort of his car as he let his head softly fall back to the head rest. He wore a thick bomber jacket that shielded him from the cold but underneath it, he wore a tuxedo. He was all done up, and took extra care to make sure his hair stayed in shape as he leaned back on the seat. Even though he didn't plan this at somewhere very fancy, he could give a little bit of that feeling by dressing up nice. Though, he hadn't forgotten to carry his night clothes when he had gone to Taehyung's house earlier that day, thinking how if and hopefully Taehyung does say yes, the two would spend the night together. Taehyung's parents wouldn't be home till Tuesday. 

Now that he wasn't distracted by the thought of getting everything ready, he truly felt the anxiety rush in. He gulped as he tried his best to ease his pounding heart. 

'He kissed me on the head the other day, he blushes every time I call him a nickname or get too close to him. He has to like me right? He has to say yes. Right?'

He sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time that night. All reasoning and evidence would conclude that Taehyung did, in fact like him, a lot. But we humans tend to stress more upon the 'what if?' part, even if the possibility is as minute as 0.01%, as in this case. 

He leaned more into the seat as he grabbed his phone, earphones already inserted in the device and started his favourite music, one that relaxed him the most. He liked listening to acoustic guitars, they really calmed him. 

Like this, sitting in his car, in a comfortable jacket, feeling the winter air, listening to music and smelling the scent of roses really relaxed him, he was grateful for that. He had to meet the boys at 11:20, he had a little amount of time for relaxation. He was on his way to Taehyung's, just 10 minutes away. He had stopped midway to buy some roses: 2 bouquets, one he would use to scatter petals on the floor and the other to give to Taehyung. 

In his pocket was a box. A box that felt far too heavy at the moment than it really should. He hoped he would get the opportunity to give Taehyung what the box contained. As he listened to the calming guitar strings, a thought suddenly clicked in his head. He quickly changed the song to the one he would sing to Taehyung tonight. He put the instrumental and let his heavenly voice fill his car. 

He had practiced the song multiple times already, got it perfect, spot on, every time, but nothing is ever quite perfect for Jeon Jungkook. Definitely not when his love, Kim Taehyung is involved, so he practiced again, got it right again and still went on. Taehyung was a singer too, he would catch even the smallest of mistakes easily. He had also written a whole paragraph he thought he would memorize and say to Taehyung. He practiced that too, multiple times, but didn't get it perfect a single time. So he simply chucked it and decided on saying whatever first came in his mind, whatever landed on his tongue, whatever his heart wanted to convey. Because the last thing he wants in a perfect moment is to stutter and fumble with 'uh's while trying to elongate and say something as simple as 'I like you, will you be my boyfriend?'