65. Broken

|THE NEXT DAY - 5:30 a.m.|

Taehyung woke up with a start when he heard the loud alarm ringing right in his ear. He looked to his side to see it was Jungkook's phone that rang. With a sigh, he switched the alarm off and turned to face Jungkook. He smiled as he saw the younger sleep peacefully. He wished the two could be that peaceful even when they were awake. 

The boy beside him didn't look as bad as Taehyung did. In fact, he looked much better. Apart from the much bigger than normal eye bags that he had, he looked fine. Taehyung on the other hand, looked much worse. His red eyes were swollen and puffy, not only because of how much he cried, but also because of the lack of sleep. He had only slept for two hours. 

He didn't know why Jungkook had set an alarm for this early in the morning. They never woke up so early. So, as much as he didn't want to wake Jungkook up, he still decided to do so. There must have been an important reason as to why Jungkook wanted to wake up at that time.

He slightly shook the younger's body, "Jungkook." He called out to him in his deep, raspy morning voice. A couple of more shakes later, Jungkook opened his eyes. He yawned and rubbed his eyes before he leaned forward to leave a peck on Taehyung's lips, "Good morning Tae."

"Morning Kook."

"Not a good morning for you love?"

"I hope it is."

Jungkook's bright eyes drooped a little as a sad smile graced his lips. Taehyung quickly grinned, displaying his full boxy smile to assure his lover that he would be fine. 

"Why'd you wanna wake up so early?"

"Mom and Dad think I'm in the other room. I need to go there before they're up. And I need to cook breakfast, unless I want to disappoint them further." Jungkook got out of bed and walked to the mirror. He ruffled his hair, trying to look presentable.

"I'll help you cook." Taehyung followed him.

"No it's fine. You can go bathe, I'll do it." Jungkook smiled, kissed Taehyung's forehead and headed to the kitchen.

Taehyung sighed and silently prayed for the morning to go smoothly as he went to shower.

|7:00 a.m.|

"Wow! Did our son already cook breakfast for us?" Mr. Jeon's loud voice erupted in the living room as he walked out with his wife. The two were already bathed and were dressed so well, they looked ready to go to a formal party.

"Yes dad, good morning." Jungkook let out a forceful smile as he placed the plates of omelettes and cooked bacon in front of his parents. He stood beside the table, waiting for his parents to start eating before he began eating himself. 

Mrs. Jeon took her first bite, chewed, then swallowed and asked, "Where's Taehyung, son?"

Jungkook's eyes grew big in size as his head jerked in his mother's direction. He could hear his dad's annoyed hiss but ignored it. His heart filled with love and hope as he looked at his mother, ecstatic to know that she hadn't referred to Taehyung as his 'friend' or insulted him in anyway. She just called him by his name, and actually inquired about him. That made Jungkook immensely happy.

His eyes sparkled as he spoke, "I'll just call him." But as he moved towards the hallway to get Taehyung, he already saw the said boy standing in front of him. And by looking at his eyes, and the little amount of happiness in them, Jungkook knew Taehyung had heard his mother.

He nodded his head, rushed to the kitchen to grab Taehyung and his plate and sat down in front of his parents. Taehyung said a quick, "Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Jeon", bowed and proceeded to sit beside Jungkook as well.