44. Home

It had been 10 minutes since Taehyung and Jungkook had lied down and Jungkook had started hugging Taehyung. At first, Taehyung kept his eyes open and his body had stiffened up. But, as time passed and he got more used to the feeling of Jungkook holding him and his soft breath on his neck, Taehyung melted into the touch and closed his eyes, cherishing this surreal feeling. 

Now, he opened his eyes to admire Jungkook's beautiful face. He had never gotten the opportunity to look at him this close, he couldn't let it go to waste. He stared with a soft smile as Jungkook breathed steadily. He looked so cute like this, Taehyung just wanted to squish his cheeks.

"Jungkook?" He whispered. When he heard no response, he poked Jungkook's cheek and asked again, "Kookie? Are you asleep?" When he didn't get a reply again, he let out a quiet chuckle. "You really fell asleep huh?" He silently whispered once more. He then roamed his eyes over Jungkook's face. As he did so, his eyes landed on Jungkook's forehead. He gulped as a thought crossed his mind.

'He's sleeping, it wouldn't hurt right?' He thought. After making his decision, he slowly leaned closer to Jungkook. He gulped once again when his lips were only a few centimeters away from Jungkook. Then, he gently placed his warm lips on his forehead, leaving a short, chaste kiss there. As soon as he was done, he quickly turned his head and looked away with blushing cheeks. A soft smile playing on his lips. 

What he did not notice was that as soon as he had looked away, Jungkook's eyes had opened wide. He stared at Taehyung with disbelief as he remembered the feeling of his lips on his head. The soft pink shade creeped over his cheeks and ears too and he rapidly closed his eyes as he saw Taehyung beginning to turn his head. Jungkook's heart pounded in his chest as he thought, 'It's been confirmed, he likes me too'.

Then he heard Taehyung's deep yet soft voice calling out to him. 

"Jungkookie," Taehyung whispered as he slightly shook Jungkook.

"Wake up" He said.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, acting drowsy to show Taehyung that he was 'sleeping'. But when he did, he found himself looking directly into Taehyung's almond eyes. Their faces not more than 10cms apart. As they looked at each other, not being able to look away, Jungkook couldn't resist and said, "You're beautiful"

Taehyung gulped and looked away. Jungkook slightly smiled as he unwrapped his arm from around Taehyung. Then, as if he wasn't just hugging Taehyung a second ago, as if Taehyung hadn't kissed his forehead, as if he hadn't just called Taehyung beautiful, as if nothing had happened, he casually spoke, "Tae, I'm exhausted, I really don't want to do this but if we don't, we wouldn't be able to finish it. What do you think?"

Taehyung, pushing the memories of everything that just happened to the back of his head to think about it later at night and to prevent himself from being shy and stuttering said, "Yeah, I think we should continue, we have to"

"Ugh yeah, let's do it then" Jungkook said as he got up and fixed his hair, Taehyung following him.

|3 HOURS LATER, 10:00 p.m.|

"Oh my God, it's 10 already?!" Taehyung exclaimed as he saw his phone for the first time since they started the assignment.

"Wow we've been working on this shit for 6 hours" Jungkook said as he cracked his knuckles and stretched his body to release the built up tension. 

He then proceeded to look at Taehyung staring at his phone. When he noticed an unhappy frown contouring his face, he worriedly asked, "What happened Tae? All good? Why do you look sad?"