66. Strange

|10 DAYS LATER|

"I can't believe you have to go right away. Like our vacation literally started yesterday. When you told me you won't be here during our anniversary and my birthday I was already so shocked but I thought we would at least get to celebrate in the holidays before you go you know? But we can't even do that. Ugh, why am I even interjecting in this, it's about you and your dad, there's nothing I can d-"

"Tae, stop, you're rambling again love." Jungkook cut Taehyung midsentence, giggling as he walked towards where he stood.

"Ah sorry, I just- I'm going to miss you so bad. Like if you were to go six months back, it would have still been okay. But now, we live together. I see you all day, everyday, just-"

"Shh, why are you rambling so much? Oh God, come here." Jungkook pulled Taehyung into his arms as he giggled some more. He couldn't wipe his grin off as he heard Taehyung mumble his thoughts out. 

Jungkook felt Taehyung clench the back of his t-shirt, "Kook, I'm being serious. How am I going to survive without you for a whole ass month? And how the fuck are you going to survive there all alone with just your parents? Like ugh, I can't even come along with you." 

Jungkook tightened his hug, "I'll be fine baby, I promise. We can talk on face time everyday, it'll be okay. And I'll be back in a jiffy, don't worry."

"A month is so much more than a jiffy Jungkook." 

Jungkook felt Taehyung squeeze his t-shirt tighter. He pulled away to look down and cupped Taehyung's cheeks. 

"Are you seriously crying Tae?! Oh no, come here, why are you crying?" On seeing Taehyung's glistening eyes and small pout, Jungkook instantly hugged him again, tighter this time. He swung him in his arms as he littered a cluster of kisses on his head.

"I don't know? Maybe because I'm not going to see my boyfriend for a month?"

"Aww Tae, I promise we'll be fine. I'll try my best to be back sooner than a month, okay?" Jungkook's soft eyes looked into Taehyung's blurry ones. He softly caressed the older's cheeks as he looked at him with the most loving smile.

Taehyung sniffed as he nodded his head.

An hour later, the couple was at the airport. Jungkook, so he could board his flight and fly to New York, and Taehyung to see off his boyfriend.

"You sure you took everything Kook?"

"Yup."

"Is your boarding pass with you?"

"Yes."

"Your passport?"

"Yeah."

"And you packed everything properly right?"

"Yes Tae, we checked at home too." Jungkook chuckled.

"Yeah I know, I'm just making sure you have everything. This is just, kinda making me a little anxious so-"

Jungkook pulled Taehyung by the neck and deeply kissed him to shut him up and the apparent blabbering he's been doing all day. He pulled apart, not breaking the distance, and looked into Taehyung's eyes, "Tae, please don't be anxious okay love? I'll call you every chance I get, I promise."

Taehyung nodded, "Okay, I love you. Stay safe." He wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist and rested his head against his chest for the last time before Jungkook left for the States.

Jungkook returned the hug and closed his eyes. Though he was acting strong in front of Taehyung, internally he was breaking too. Obviously they would miss each other. They're used to seeing each other every day and always having each other's company. They haven't not seen each other for more than a week since the past two years. Of course this wasn't going to be easy. A month isn't a short time at all, especially if the month is December, when they're supposed to be together.