84. Bad feeling

|15th January - 9:30 p.m.|

Bright Lights.

Really bright lights was the first thing that Taehyung and Jungkook noticed as soon as they stepped foot into the exorbitantly furnished hall. All surfaces including the floor, the ceiling, the walls and the tables were built of white marble, enormous chandeliers hung from the ceiling and the glistening diamonds adorned by the socialites just intensified the emerging headache the young couple had started sensing.

Taehyung squinted and tightened his hold on Jungkook's arm, "Oh boy, this is so not us."

Jungkook chuckled, "Yup. Told you so."

Like Taehyung had suggested, the two had made a hasty decision of attending the party only one hour prior to getting ready. Jungkook's mother had changed for the better, and she had asked her son to attend the most important party of the year so politely, Jungkook didn't have it in him to refuse the offer. He just hoped nothing would go wrong like it did the last time. He made a point to never let Taehyung go out of his sight. 

"Do we need to greet your parents or...?"

"No, not necessary. If they come to us, then great. If not, just drink, eat up and leave the place."

Taehyung snorted, "You're their son and they still wouldn't greet you?"

"I'm very far from being their son, you know it Tae."

Taehyung nodded his head with a sad smile. 

"Listen, Tae." Jungkook suddenly blurted out and held Taehyung's hand to stop him from walking any further. He twisted his body so the older was facing him.

"Hm?"

"Can you just please make sure you stay by my side all night?"

Taehyung smiled a little, "Of course babe, where else will I go? You're the only one I know here."

"Yeah, I know, but just- I'm nervous, okay? And I have a bad feeling, I don't know."

"Kook." Taehyung moved closer to him, and gestured with his hand for them to go to a secluded area. 

He took them to the corner of the hall, where they were almost invisible to anyone in the main area. He cupped Jungkook's cheeks and looked at him with worry, "You wanna go back to the hotel, love?"

Jungkook bit his lip, unsure.

"Jungkook," Taehyung spoke again. "I don't mind going back at all. In fact, I would love going back. I would rather cuddle with you in our room than stay here, you know that. So, if you have a bad feeling, we can go home."

Jungkook took a deep breath then nodded his head, "You sure you're okay with heading back?"

"Of course I am."

"But you dressed up and all-"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, "Jeon, I'm dying to get out of this tux."

Jungkook laughed and leaned in to leave a small kiss on Taehyung's lips. "Kay, let's go then."

|ARA'S P.O.V|

'They could be here any minute now.' Ara thought, waiting behind the giant door.

She had been given strict instructions by Mr. Jeon to keep a vigilant watch on Taehyung and Jungkook throughout the night. She had also been told to text Mr. Jeon if anything didn't go according to the plan. Jungkook's father had kept a unique notification ringtone for Ara's number, so when she texts him, he'll know that the couple was at the venue or that there was an emergency.