50. Best Night

"Happy Birthday my love." Jungkook couldn't wait too long and dived in for another small kiss as he held Taehyung even tighter. 

"Thank you" Taehyung whispered, his eyes were sparkling with love, joy and admiration. How silly of him to think that Jungkook wouldn't plan anything for his baby. Today, Jungkook had exceeded all expectations. The boy who thought his bestfriends didn't prepare a single thing for his birthday, found his lover and become one with him.

He smiled at Jungkook as he encircled his arms around his broad shoulders and snuggled his face into his chest. Jungkook repeated the action, pulling Taehyung flush against his body, holding him tight, gently breathing in the crook of his neck. They held each other like they were each other's worlds, each other's lives. As if, if they would let go, their souls would leave their body. 

The five bestfriends were having the time of their life, cheering and fake crying in the background, unable to handle all this love and romance. Jin and Namjoon were in each other's arms, remembering the time when Namjoon had asked Jin out, and now, their youngest 'kids' were doing the same. They would a hundred percent tease the two about this night for the rest of their lives. How shameful of them to forget there were five other people standing merely a meter away from them. How shameful of Taehyung for not thanking them because they worked hard too. But right now, they were way too happy for their bestfriends to make fun of them. 

They screamed, as if on cue, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAETAE!" 

Taehyung jerked his head up to look at the others, his eyes wide, as if finally realizing, 'Oh yeah, even they are here.' He smiled as he reluctantly and unwantedly shook himself out of Jungkook's grasp so he could go thank the others. He laughed at Jungkook's pout and outstretched arms. Now that he could touch Taehyung whenever he wanted to, however he wanted to, he damn well would and he wanted to do so now.

Taehyung exclaimed back, "Thank you so much!!" He gave each one of them a hug, Jimin being the first one. After hugging Taehyung, Jimin went beside Jungkook and smirked as he nudged his arm. Jungkook blushed as he randomly threw his hand to push Jimin away. Jimin laughed in return. 

Once Taehyung had thanked everybody, he was pushed by his five friends to where the gifts were kept. They were intentionally trying to keep Taehyung away from Jungkook, teasing both of them. On seeing the action Jungkook exclaimed with an even bigger pout, "Hey! This is not right! Tae-"

"Shut up lover boy, you'll get your man. Let him open his gifts first." Yoongi responded, a smug smile playing on his lips.

Jungkook huffed as he removed his coat and tie, and undid the first few buttons of his white shirt. He leaned against the wall, gently smiling as he looked at an excited Taehyung unwrapping his presents and thanking his friends again. He closed his eyes as he sent a silent prayer to God, thanking him for introducing Taehyung into his life and now, making him his. He sighed as he watched his lover's back. 

"These gifts are so amazing, thank you!!" Taehyung exclaimed as he looked at his presents on the table. A fluffy jacket from Namjoon, a charms bracelet from Jin, a brand new mic from Yoongi (because his got spoilt recently), a cute backpack from Hoseok, perfume from Jimin and a watch from Jungkook.

The others had gone and had seated themselves in random places in the house, some on the couch, some on the bean bag and some on the chairs. They were exhausted, they'd been working all day. Taehyung was still admiring his gifts, looking at every single one carefully now. Then, he was reminded of his seventh gift, the necklace given by Jungkook, he hadn't even seen it well enough yet. He held it in his hands as he looked at it properly now. The chain was long enough for him to have a good look at it. Not only was the pendant, but even the chain was made out of diamonds. They shone brightly under the light as Jungkook's initials sparkled over his tan skin. The thought of him having Jungkook's name on him wherever he went gave him chills. He remembered the song, Jungkook's words and smiled. This truly was the best night of his life.