The way you guys are guessing details correctly, big brain

Y/n's pov

It really was embarrassing if you look at it, I managed to keep it together for the most part. But as soon as we got back to the hotel and he pulled out the cake I started crying.

Just the events or today the fact that he remembered my birthday and I didn't, or maybe it was just the added embarrassment of my existence.

"It's alright Bird," he said hugging me tight. "Whatever it is it's gonna be alright."

He smelt like a forest, fresh air and stuff like that. And I probably should have pulled away sooner than I did.

"I'm sorry about that," I say. "I'm a crybaby."

"Don't worry about it," he says. "But I hate seeing you cry on your birthday."

"I be think I cried last year too," I say. "And about the same damm person too, it's pathetic."

"Ex boyfriend?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say eating a rather large bite of cake.

"That blonde one?" He asks.

"Mhm," I nod my head.

"Like the one making out with that girl?" He asks.

"Yes Christopher, get with the damm program," I say. "Who the hell else would it be?"

"I just wanted to make sure," he says. "So things are just clear."

"Yeah, I know," I sigh. "I'm just mad is all, sorry."

"You don't need to apologize for your emotions," he says. "Actually just don't apologize to me at all."

"This was just a whole terrible idea," I say grabbing my phone. "I'm so fucking stupid."

"Hey," he grabs my wrist. "Don't throw your phone, you'll regret that."

"I wasn't gonna throw it," I mutter, dropping it back onto the bed.

Fuck the phone, phones are racist.

"Of course you werent Bird," he laughs. "Because everybody just grabs their phone and swings their arm violently."

"I really fucked in this time," I say. "If I did it to myself then why does it hurt me so bad?"

"Well that's how break up are, and we'll have regrets not matter what we do," he says. "It's best to try not to dwell on it too long. But don't ignore it."

"That makes no sense Christopher," I say. "Don't dwell on it, but don't ignore it? What kind of logic is that?"

"Like your leg, it's broken," he says. "But do you spend your whole time fixated on it, waiting for it to heal, or stuff like that?"

"Well no, I have shit to do," I say. "Only idiot would do that."

"But then again you don't go running and forget that your leg is broken," he says. "So you don't ignore it, you just pay kind that it's there and don't let it affect you too much because one day it will be fixed."

"Thanks Christopher," I say hugging him again.

This time not to cry on him, but just as a thank you I guess.

"You somehow know what to say, and make it make sense to me," I say.

Thank you for not leaving.

"I'm not going anywhere Bird," he laughs. "Don't look so worried."

"You can't even see my face," I say.

"I don't need to see it, I can feel your heart racing," he says.

It's not beating because I'm worried, Christopher.

Ima kms.

-Crouton