Spoiler in pic? Just the notes I use when I think I want something in the story

Y/n's pov

"Okay, so this is your apartment," Christopher says, pulling up to a tall building. "I'm sure by now they've got your boxes and stuff in there, you'll just have to shop for furniture."

"Okay sounds good," I say. "Now can you please drive me to Sendai park?"

"At this time?" he asks checking the time on the dash.

"Yeah, I'm meeting a friend," I say. "But don't worry, I'm coming back to my apartment later. I'll shoot you a text letting you know that I'm all good."

"Okay," he nods his head, getting back on the road. "Don't do drugs or anything."

"Don't worry, I won't," I laugh. "Wouldn't want to screw with my brain anymore than I already do."

"Good to hear, good to hear Bird," he says. "Call me if you need anything, a ride or something, don't worry about waking me."

"Thanks," I smile.

-

So if you're wondering why I had him drop me off at Sendai park, it's because him dropping me off at a children's home might have brought up some more questions. So ima just walk there, it saves both of us a lot of time.

Anyway, back to the magical plan I had in an attempt to make myself not feel like a piece of shit. So firstly, I spent a few hours doing paperwork last week with that lady from the children's home and managed to pull some strings to get permission to take Kasumi out. I actually found it kind of sad how eager she was to let me take her out of the, but I guess it works in my favour.

So basically my big plan is to bring Kasumi to my place, let her watch movies, eat candy or whatever kids like her like to do. Oh, but I think I'll take her on a little late-night field trip to Walmart.

I know, no need to praise me for actually using my brain, okay back to the surprise. And yes, standing in the doorway of where the kids sleep is not creepy at all.

"I can't go to sleep until she answers the phone," Kasumi says, clearly shoving the phone under her blanket. "Last time she said that we were almost at the end of the story, so she needs to pick up."

In my defence, my phone is in airplane mode.

"Kasumi, it's late, and you need to remember that the time zones are different," the lady says. "I'm sure she will call you in the morning."

"I wonder if there's any little girl in here who wants to have a sleepover," I say walking into the room.

"Y/n!" She practically yells.

"But no yelling, there's other kids sleeping," I say.

"I thought that you weren't going to be here till tomorrow morning," the lady says.

"Well, I'm here now," I say. "And I promise to take great care of her."

"Okay, I'm ready," Kasumi says running past me to wear the shoes are kept. "I'm all ready."

"I'll need you to check up every day, and make sure you don't lose her, everywhere you go she must go," she says. "Call if there are any issues."

"Will do," I say bedding down to pick the girl up. "But I'm sure we'll be fine."

"Later losers," Kasumi says. "Tell them I got picked up by a princess."

"Okay Kasumi, she'll do that," I say.

"Are we going to your house now?" she asks messing around with my hair. "Or are you going to sell me on the market or something?"

This kid man.

"We're going to Walmart," I say.

"I didn't know that you could sell kids Walmart," she says. "That will be my one new thought of the day."

"I'm not selling you," I say. "Just getting some basics."

"Gushers and sausages cut into octopuses," she says.

"Fine," I laugh. "Just be good, alright?"

"I'm always good," she smiles.

Okay, I have a possible new oc coming up soon, a possible love interest type beat. I just need to decide if that's something I want to do.

-Crouton