No pic lol

Y/n's pov

"You guys tricked me into coming to the stupid pool," Kei says for probably the third time now, well since he saw the sign saying 'no life guard'. But hey, I didn't even really know that.

"Oh well," I smile, still having my head propped up so I could watch Kasumi in the pool.

We're responsible adults, so we sit in the hot tub.

"Have you taken her swimming before?" he asks.

"No," I say. "She's probably been before, but she is a fast learner."

"You guys better be watching me y'know!" she called out, popping her head up from the water, looking somewhat weird with the goggles. "I could drown and you both would be charged."

"We're watching," I say. "Don't worry."

Then of course she went back to her solo mermaid adventure.

"You're a good mom," he says, rather out of the blue.

"What makes you say that?" I ask.

"Nothing, I just said it," he shrugs. "I can say that."

Aw, he's trying to have adult conversations. Let fix that.

"Am I a milf?" I ask, still looking at Kasumi because I don't want her to die.

"No, milfs are hot," he snickers.

"Woow," I say. "You betrayed me."

"I like your bathing suit," he says. "It's nice."

"Your statements are bipolar today," I say. "What's up with that?"

"You're bipolar," he scoffs. "I'm fine today."

"Actually, I'm not, I was checked out for that," I laugh. "Just no used to the compliments I guess, it's different. But I guess we aren't in high school anymore."

"What? Can't I complement my girl- Can't I compliment you?" he asks. "I don't want you thinking I'm an asshole."

"Kei, I know when you're being an asshole and when you aren't," I say. "I'm not dumb."

"Just making sure," he mutters. "And you are a milf."

"Woow, now you're objectifying me," I shake my head. "Just thinking about my body, nasty."

"I am not, you asked me that," he says. "And I'm just saying, go and drink some pool water or something."

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you," I say turning my head. "But the day after tomorrow we're going to stop at Shinzen highschool, I have some papers I need to pick up."

"Alright," he nods his head. "Anything after that?"

"Mom! Come over here!" Kasumi calls out. "I want you to swim with me, and come and feel my wrinkle fingers."

"I'm coming," I say getting out of the hot tub. "And Marigold actually wants to have Kasumi over, probably prepping her to be an underpaid teenage employee. So I guess we can do whatever."

"Let's have a stay-at-home date," he says hopefully.

"Yeah, okay," I say. "As long as you plan it."

"Wait, for real?" he asks. "We can have a date?"

Kei pre-relationship and feelings, Kei post feeling and in a relationship, and Kei post feelings not in a relationship are three different people. And I love them all.

"Doesn't mean we're doing anything," I laugh.

Yeah, we're doing something, not then, but soon.

"I don't care about that," he says.

"Help I'm drowning!" Kasumi yells.

"Kasumi," I say whipping my head around.

"Oh nothing," she says. "I was just worried you two forgot who the start here was."

This is why I love her.

"I love you keisumi-Kasumi, I love you Kasumi and Kei," I shake my head. "Don't yell that your drowning."

"I heard that," Kei says.

"It doesn't count," I say.

It's 2:30 am, I have to be up at 5:30 am.

-Crouton