I like to project my problems onto characters

Y/n's pov

"I... I should go," he says. "This feels, weird."

"What do you mean it feels weird?" I ask.

"I thought after that, I'd feel... Not like I do right now," he says. "Maybe we should talk later."

"Or maybe we should talk now," I say. "Not later, actually we should've talked before this."

"I had a good time, I need to go," he says.

"Just a good time?" I ask.

"Fine, a really good time," he says. "I like getting intimate with you, what do you want me to say?"

"I don't know," I shrug, crossing my arms. "Not that you enjoy having sex with me."

"We didn't have sex," he says.

"What were you expecting to feel?" I ask.

"Don't make that face, the face you make when you're about to cry," he says. "Do not cry now, you do not need to cry."

I am not about to cry in front of him.

"You're not even going to say that you missed me?" I question. "Or anything like that?"

"I did tell you that I missed you," he says.

"No, you said that you missed my mouth," I say. "You didn't say that you missed me I told you that I missed you."

"That's the same thing," he says.

"Wow, that makes me feel so good," I scoff.

"No Y/n, that's not what I meant," he facepalms. "I miss you, I really miss talking to you and being with you."

"God, why the fuck would I do that?" I ask, mostly to myself. "Drop to my knees the second I get the chance to, what the hell is wrong with me?"

"Nothings wrong with you," he says getting up from the bed. "Just ignore me, I love you Y/n, I really do."

"You were right, we don't need to talk," I say grabbing his coat off the floor. "You should go, no, I should go. Just forget we did anything, forget that I said anything. Please just-You did have a condom."

"That's not mine," he says.

"It fell out of your jacket," I say tossing it along with his coat at him. "It's obviously yours, go and have sex with someone, wouldn't want it going to waste."

"It's not like that Y/n, you know that," he says.

"Do I know that?" I question. "Do I really know that?"

"I'm not plan ning on having sex with other girls," he says. "I only brought it because maybe I thought we'd have sex."

"You're saying that as if it's going to make me feel better," I say. "You said you didn't have a condom, and now I'm actually happy you lied about it."

"I only lied because I figured you didn't actually want to have sex, since your sensitive and stuff," he says. "Please Y/n."

"You are not making yourself sound any better," I say. "And you basically tried to end this off as a hookup."

"We'll maybe I thought it was just going to be a hookup," he says. "I don't know what I was doing."

"Are you trying to get back at me for being an asshole?" I ask. "For breaking up with you? Because if you are, then good job, you did it, you can go."

"No Y/n, I really do want to be with you," he says. "I love you."

"And if you didn't think I'd want to have sex why would you come onto me like that?" I ask.