Fun fact, I do actually have a job

Y/n's pov

"Happy birthday, Kasumi," I say walking into her bedroom. "Kasumi?"

"Where did you put her?" Kei asks coming up behind me. "Where is she?"

"I don't know," I say. "Where did you put her."

"I didn't put her anywhere," he says.

Yes, it is February, yes it is Kasumi's birthday and yes we have lost her. Well, we only lost her for about five minutes before she burst through the door.

"Happy birthday to me!" she yells.

"Wakatoshi, you can't kidnap my kid," I say walking over to the door. "I thought that she was abducted and sold off."

"I did not kidnap her," he says. "I received permission."

"Yeah, he did," Tendo says popping out from behind him.

"What?" I ask. "When? And from who?"

"From you," Kasumi says.

Oh yeah...

-Seven hours earlier-

"Mom, mom," Kasumi says trying to tug me out of bed. "It's my birthday."

"Happy birthday," I mumble forcing myself to sit up. "Can I get a few more hours of sleep please?"

"Can't you sleep later, you can take a nap," she says.

"I'm so tired," I say pulling her onto the bed. "Just give me a little more sleep."

"What time is it?" Kei asks sitting up. "What's wrong?"

"We're going back to sleep apparently," Kasumi says crawling under the covers between us.

"Thank you," I say letting my head fall back against my pillow.

"So happy we have a good kid," Kei mutters before doing the same.

-Two hours later-

"Mom," Kasumi says, her face so close her nose touches mine. "It's a normal time."

"Five o'clock in the morning is not a normal time for me," I yawn. "Ten is much better."

"Why are you guys up again?" Kei asks. "Is something wrong?"

"It's my birthday," Kasumi says. "I'm five."

"I'll go make you some breakfast," he says.

And so that's what happened, we all went downstairs to the kitchen so Kei could make her a large stack of birthday pancakes, as well as a steak, he's that's what she asked for.

"Are you guys still tired?" she asks.

"No no," I shake my head yawning. "We're not tired."

"We're fine," Kei says putting the flour in the fridge. "Not tired."

"Hey, I know that Uncle Wakatoshi is up for his run, do you think you could call and ask him to come and hang out?" she asks. "And uncle Tendo?"

"Mhm," I nod my head quickly messaging him. "Maybe he can take you to the park or something."

And from then of it's blank.

-Present time-

"Oh yeah," Kei nods his head. "Then you fell asleep, your brother got here and I went upstairs to get dressed but I guess I fell asleep with you."

"You guys are old, you have dementia," Kasumi says. "Now you guys have to get ready for my ultimate birthday party. You have to wear our matching necklaces."

"Yes yes," I nod my head. "We will shower."

"Yeah, we'll do that just don't burn the place down," Kei says.

"And Kasumi, is there anything special you wanted last minute for your birthday?" I ask. "Anything I missed since I know you already found your presents."

"Well last year all I wanted was a mom and dad, so I think we're all good right now," she smiles.

I love her.

"Okay, we can get another cat," Kei smiles.

He folds too easily.

I'm so tired rn, but I need to get all my shit together for work on monday.

-Crouton

Just let me understand you || Tsukishima Kei Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें