Kuwento ni Lola Basya #68 - The homeless Clover

I can see you standing', honey
With his arms around your body
Laughin' but the joke's not funny at all
And it took you five whole minutes
To pack us up and leave me with it
Holdin' all this love out here in the hall.

It is afternoon, yet the droplets started to cascading the every drop on land, there are many people here in the café shop maybe because we all got stranded, by the rain, words and all the unnecessary emotion that the rain have the only guts to bring. But for my reason I am here inside to wait for someone, that someone who I have been longing to see after 10 years, finally I have the guts to confess my feelings towards that milady.

Finally, after 2 minutes of waiting Drea is here, she was still beautiful while wearing that dress with a cotton candy color, her curly hair make her stand-out even more and 10 years might be passed, but she still so cute and beautiful on my eyes. Nothing change everything about her, the days we spend together as they so-called childhood sweetheart remain the same, the feeling I have been hiding since then keep hunting me.

"Clover!" She shouted my name and people inside the café shop started to look at her, but this milady remains calm after the scene and even to the peace sign. Cute!

"Drea, come here!" She excitedly sat beside me, she studied my face with a fascinating smile painted on her mouth.

"Clover, how was life? You have been away like... Literally away in our hometown." She is right I have been to London because I got an offer to their to study medicine.

"Drea, I am so glad you accepted my so-called invitation because honestly speaking I really thought you were going to decline my offer." I am really hesitant about this since the day we stop talking, playing, and everything we did during our childhood since we reached the age of adolescent.

"Nah! I am just questioning why you need to live without a formal goodbye..." That's also the reason I did not have the guts to bid my farewell to her because I can't stand saying those words to her, when I got the scholarship indeed I have a hard time managing it that seems like I did not also the chance to call her for almost 10 years.

"You know what... Clover, I tried to convince myself that being a medicine student and studying abroad really difficult that you might not have the time to call me, I even tried to understand the situation, I keep saying that maybe... Just maybe... One day we will have the chance to fulfill our promise's to each other." I thought that everything will be fine but after seeing her almost on the edge of crying, it will never be the same, that change is constant we can't deny the fact.

"Sorry! I am really sorry, I know I am so coward way back I wasted my chances, that's why I am here right now coming back to my home and wanted to pursue her," I'm pleading, and I don't care if I will look so desperate.

"Why are saying this all of a sudden? Why now, Clover?" Instead of gladness her face seems frustrated and feel pity rather than happy.

"Clover, we have the chances way back. Why now? Why now, huh?" The tears continuously dropping to her eyes, she seemed so confused.

"Drea, I---I love you!" She slapped me but instead of being angry to her, I saw the reason why she can't accept my confession.

"Clover, you are late already I am getting married by Luke next month. Sorry Clover but we are game over already."

I think I've seen this film before
And I didn't like the ending
You're not my homeland anymore, So what am I defendin' now?
You were my town
Now I'm in exile seein' you out
I think I've seen this film before.

I'm so shocked for her replied that I let her go, running in the rain while crying, and I am there having a hard time to digest everything.

I can see you starin', honey
Like he's just your understudy
Like you'd get your knuckles bloody for me
Second, third, and hundredth chances
Balancin' on breaking branches
Those eyes add insult to injury

I think I've seen this film before
And I didn't like the ending
I'm not your problem anymore.