Kuwento ni Lola Basya #12 - A Father's Love

“Shawn, meet Alexa, my girlfriend.” A loud bang wake up my system the moment dad introduce his new girlfriend to me.

“Love? Alexa, what's going on?” And my heart-break into pieces because my long-term girlfriend Alexa holding hands with my father who was more shock than me.

“Lo-Love, so--sorry but I love your father, and I'm going to marry him soon,” she still has the angelic voice. His eyes are full of purity while pleading on me now.

---

“Alexa, I'm begging you, please don't do this to me, I love you so much, love.” I maybe look stupid now, but I don't care, I really love Alexa to the point that I'm willing to kneel in front of these two.

“But Shawn, you know that I already said yes to your father, and please just accept the fact that I'm going to marry him.” Determination is written on her face now.

“Alexa, come here,” That was the demon voice. Who has the nerve to get my treasure, my entire galaxy and I really hate him I wish his going to die now?

“Shawn I'm so sorry, and please stay away from me because I'm breaking up with you,” undoubtedly she utter those words.

--
[After 2 months]

I'm here currently at my condo unit and for 2 months I'm living here because I can't longer tolerate my ex- girlfriend and my father being together each day I saw them together and living with one house with them is like a hell for me. Each day, minutes, and hours will be passed but all I can do here at my condo unit is to be drunk, smoke, and broke all those furniture maybe I'm alive but slowly faded inside. This is my life for 2 months chaos, hell, and darker I can't longer see the lights.

“Arrrrgghhhh!” I shouted like my voice is going to explode any moment from now.

But I stop suddenly when a familiar number currently calling at my phone.

“Lo--Loveee! Ale--Alexaaa! I know this is you,, please answer me, love.” I am begging like a child who willing to sacrifice his penny just for her favorite toy.

“Sha--wnnn, please go to hospital right now, I will send you the address.” Without any doubt, the moment Alexa sends the address of the hospital I immediately grabbed the key of the car I have. That demon mess with the wrong girl, I'm going to peel him alive.

-----

I'm now at hospital and the moment I saw Alexa I grab his hand and hug him tight she maybe shock, but she realizes that is her ex-boyfriend thank God, she responds hugging me while sobbing and her tears is like a falls.

“Ssshhhhh! Love! Why are you crying?” I ask her full of concern.

“Dam it! Where's that demon?” But Alexa is just crying in my shoulder, ignoring my questions and rants at all.

“Love! Please just answer me.” I'm really going to kill that demon if he's the reason Alexa is crying now.

“Sha--Shawn that demon is your dad. Deym it Shawn. His at the emergency room fighting for his life.” My memory started to flashback 5 years ago, my dad and mom is my one true pair. They really my ideal pair because of their undying love to each other my parents is wonderful supporting me whenever path I'm walking but everything change when my mom died because of breast cancer and my dad got depressed, he always goes to bar drunk like mad man, he learned to cigarette and date different girls.

“Are you the daughter and son of the patient?” the doctor ask me and Alexa.

“Yes, doc. How's the patient, doc?” Alexa, asks the doctor with trembling voice.

“Sorry to said, but the patient did not survive I'm so sorry,” the doctor voice is full of concern.

“Before I forgot, the patient wants to give this to you.” The doctor gives me a folded paper without any hesitation I open it with a tremble hands seems like my nervousness is drowning me.

**
Dear Son,

Sorry if I'm being a stupid and useless for you, I'm been weak when in fact I should be the one offering you a strength and if you're reading this one don't be sad because I'm finally with your mom again. About Alexa, I wanted to avoid stealing her from you, it's just that the moment I'm been nothing she became my everything, I witness his downfall the day you decided to left her because you want to forget your mom death so we have been companions, but don't worry son meantime we have been together I never forget to told him a story about you. She maybe said yes to my proposal, but I know deep down in her heart she still loves you son,, please don't waste this chance. Yes, I love her but  than love you my son.

The moment I finish reading the letter of dad and the nurse get dad cold body to bring it to morgue. Alexa suddenly hug me tight to lessen the pain that we're facing right now.