Kuwento ni Lola Basya #55 - My Quarantine Boyfriend

It has been months since the day that the government decided to under-go with their lockdown policy because of this pandemic that lurking to our country, everyone needed to stay at their own sanctuary which it is just symbolize we need to deal our companion and especially ourselves while waiting for the good news. But in my case I am here in my condo minium since the lockdown started while my family stay in our province which is Davao de Oro.

"Snow," my cellphone keep ringing with that voice ringtone while I am busy cooking something for our dinner, so I decided to set-aside it and just answer my caller that is for sure he will just going to ask some cringe questions.

"What now Jef?" I did not bothered to answer him with that tweetums words such like 'hi' or 'did you miss me that much?' kind of words.

"Grumpy Snow as ever." With that I am now imagining him doing his infamous smirk remark.

"Nah! I just want to inform you that I cannot go to your place right now since my mom will visit me at my boarding house," his voice seems so sad or just worry because he promise to visit me yet he cannot do it right now.

"I'm fine and don't worry. Tell your mom too that I miss her and gonna have some bondates after this quarantine," a hint of disappointment I answered him maybe because I miss him that much to the point that was so excited that I even prepared our dinner before 7pm which is he usually time to finish his bunch of file works.

"Are you really fine Snow? I'm still gonna re-schedule our postponed dinner just for now my mom also needed me. Just eat there, stay safe and please lock your doors still you doesn't know your surroundings yet since your new there," Jef and his monologue again I'm getting immune with it since we knew each other he really that caring type of person.

"Jeff, thank you so much for being like this to me. I love you so much." I'm waiting for his response but then with a long sigh before he can answer me, his mom is already calling her name from the background.

"Snow, mom is here already. I need to end this call now." With that he ended the call. Fuck life!

"What now self?" I ask myself and still holding the phone hoping that Jef will call me again but 2minutes of waiting for vain I finally surrender that he will not call again.

Clock still ticking, it landed on 9:00 pm but here I am in the kitchen being alone and directly staring to the blankness. I even lost my appetite, left my supposed to be pasta that Jef favorite and since I cannot focus again even finishing my dinner I just wanted to lock myself again in my bedroom.

"Snow," a cold shiver voice welcome me the moment I opened my bedroom door, this man never left me even the whole world close a door for me and even Jef doesn't know that I am having a quaratine boyfriend even he is the man close to me.

"Finally my Snow," his voice seems like a monotonic giving a strange feelings that drowning me again.

"Anxiety, I just wanted to cry right now." Yes, you heard it right my boyfriend name is anxiety. Cute isn't? But instead of answering me, he just give me a timid smile which is like giving me more access to feel worried again.

"Come here my Snow and take this one." He offered me a shining object that I found myself grabbing it without a hesitation.

"That is my Snow," anxiety is now cheering me while showing how miserable my life is being alone, nobody to lean on and being coward to her real feeling. The red liquid is starting to dropped right now the moment I became connected to the sharp objects but instead feeling pain yet it give me a strange emotion of satisfaction.

"Keep it up my Snow," anxiety still cheering me and still wearing his timid smiled. I begun to laugh instead of crying, with the dim light in my room the more anxiety became grew into taller and firm. My telephone in the bedside table begin to blink, I noticed the burning sensation while looking in anxiety how he easily feel pissed for whoever that caller is. Without minding the fresh wounds I begin to walk and grabbed the telephone.

"S--Snow, why are you not answering your phone? Good thing mom told me to drop me by in your condominium, but I just keep hitting the button but you doesn't open the door that's why I am here in the lobby now borrowing some telephone to call you." Jeff, the caller is my bestfriend for 5 years. The man who know that I experienced some mental disorder which are anxiety and depression and right now he know that I refuse to drink my medical pills again.

"Snow, please answer me. Please open the door and talk to me, sorry for being late but right now I am here ju--just please tell me your okay." I cannot answer him right now especially my quaratine boyfriend is here looking more serious that usual.

"No matter what I am now walking heading to your room with the condominium stuffs to help me. Hang-on there Snow." Before ending the call I heard running footsteps.

"Snow, take these now. I can assure you this suffering will end now." He is now offering me a bunch of unfamiliar pills with different colors and strong odors.

"Snow, come with me." With my boyfriend remarks I just let myself be enchanted to his plan and I take those pills hoping that my agony will end now before I close my eyes I saw Jef with the condominium stuffs shouting my name.