Chapter 141-145

Chapter 141

"The gate is opening!?"
[There are signs of it! So we need to hurry, we need to go now!] (Liera)

Yu IlHan had just finished making the wings, but he had already ran simulations on its use since the time he made the blueprint. The blade-feathered wings, Ruin Calling, naturally had a use in enhancing the Leap skill, but the core lay in the shockwave.

The shockwave he could release in any direction he wants by controlling the wings. If he wanted to, he could send it forward to attack the enemies, but the true usage did was not that.

"Okay, let's go!"
[Wow, what's that turbo booster?] (Liera)

When Yu IlHan leapt up into the skies using Leap and Re-leap, he inputted mana into the wings and activated the shockwave, backwards. Immediately, Yu IlHan's body shot forward, as for the distance, around a hundred meters!

If he set the vector of the receiving force well, he could accelerate using the maximum power of the repulsion force, and the most amazing fact about this shockwave was neither its sudden acceleration nor the ability to accelerate.

It was that he could use the shockwave as a foothold instead of the ground, and deploy Leap and Re-leap again! This was impossible for someone who had no sense for or could not handle mana!

[Whoa! What the h.e.l.l? That's so OP!] (Liera)
"It is indeed OP!"

Yu IlHan acknowledged the fact as he accelerated forward again by sending out a shockwave. Liera, who was almost about to be left behind by a mere human with those funny-looking wings, flapped her wings and caught up to him."

"Whew, this is nice alright."

He could alter the direction by moving the wings by minutely flexing his back muscles, and even without being tense, he could move around freely thanks to the wings.

Well, although it wasn't that inconvenient to use Aegis as foothold to jump, this was much more convenient, and about three times faster.

The most decisive change was that his vision had changed. He had to watch out for any obstacles ahead when running using Leap, but now, it was possible to see the ground while flying in a lying down position. Although it was not much of a difference, he found it enjoyable anyway.

"Huhahaha. Humans are mere specks of dust here!"
[I was wondering why you weren't saying that...... You seem to enjoy it.] (Liera)
"It's because I don't need to worry about anything anymore."

Said he with a bright smile. Even now that the gate was showing signs of opening, Yu IlHan's subordinates were still connected to him. In fact, not to mention 'intact', they had grew so rapidly in those ten days that his Rule skill had reached level 50!

As such, their safe return was pretty much set in stone. Yu IlHan was sure that it was Erta who had opened the gate. How could he not be happy when he was thinking that they were all coming back safely?

[Yeah, it's really fortunate. It really is.] (Liera)

Liera smiled while approaching Yu IlHan. Now that Yu IlHan could use Ruin Calling to fly rapidly in the sky, it would be fine for her to turn mini-sized and dig into his embrace or grab onto his hair, but it made her happier to fly alongside him.

[IlHan, you really grew up.] (Liera)
"Don't raise any flags now. It feels like someone's gonna die."
[Hey, it's been a while you mentioned foreshadows.] (Liera)
"I'm kinda scared now since obvious things are happening so obviously."

Yu IlHan smiled a little while meeting the wind against his face. Liera also smiled.

It hadn't even been a year since the Earth had met its Great Cataclysm, but Yu IlHan's level was already 144. Earth was only nearing its 2nd Great Cataclysm, yet the average level of the people of Earth were bordering insane numbers for such a period.