Chapter 236-240

Chapter 236

The tragedy that Yu IlHan had expected did not occur. Although Erta did glare at Liera as if she would kill her, when Liera hid behind Yu IlHan's back, she could only give up. Liera also did not provoke Erta more than needed. It was as if Liera was being considerate for Erta – this made Yu IlHan's curiosity rise even more, but the girls did not solve his question.

[Liera, did you completely abandon Heaven?]

"Yes, I did."

The once-an-angel and still-an-angel looked at each other. Emotions were being exchanged between the two of them through their gazes.

Liera who decided to go back to being a lower existence to stay with Yu IlHan, and Erta, who had to leave Yu IlHan for a few years in pursuit of a new realm. The two at that time each did what they thought was for the best, but the results were drastically different.

[Are you not planning to go back? Heaven will gladly receive you again.]

"I can live for several hundred years more even like this. And also......"

Liera hugged Yu IlHan's arm and made a warm smile. Yu IlHan had still not realized what was going on.

"I've decided to bet on IlHan's possibilities. If it's him, he'll be able to do it."

[.......I really want to kill you.]

"Kyaak, protect me, IlHan!"

[Ugh.......]

Erta's chances of winning was pretty slim in the first place. In the first place, the one who widened the gap was herself, so no good would come out of any resentment. But even if she did admit her loss, she wouldn't feel better about it.

Moreover, Erta was a higher existence. As it was not easy to move her heart in the first place, once he did, it was also near impossible to turn it back.

Yu IlHan, who hadn't the slightest clue of how Erta was feeling right now, just concluded that he wouldn't have to point his spear against her, and breathed in relief.

"Anyway, it's good that Erta is not an enemy."

[Oh yeah, you. You really did try to go against me without the slightest hesitation, didn't you!?]

"Well, you said you were going to kill Liera, so....."

[Eeeeeeek.]

Erta stared daggers at both Yu IlHan and Liera alternately while her hands were trembling, but eventually, she loosened her arms with a sigh.

At the same time she put up a barrier that covered herself, Yu IlHan Liera and a few others. As Dareu had entered into the realm of higher worlds, Erta was also not limited to use her abilities to use mana.

"Wao."

Yu IlHan was very shocked at her proficiency, speed, and above all, the endurance of the barrier. He newly realized that Erta was a higher existence after all.

"Is this a soundproof barrier?"

"It's not only that. Isn't this interfering with the Akashic Record? I think anything that happens in here won't even be recorded....... Erta, you've made progress, haven't you?"

To Yu IlHan and Liera who were surprised at the unintended elements, Erta once again made a low sigh before speaking.

[Please remember, Yu IlHan. That I will never go against you even if Heaven collapses.]

"Oh, yeah. We were still bound by a partnership contract."

[Even without that! No, wait, your faith in me is that little?]