Chapter 96-100

Chapter 96

[I won't lose to something like Orochi when I've come all this way!] (Reta)

[Kruooooo!] (Orochi)

While the magic formation was still pulsating mana into Yu IlHan's body while emitting blinding light, Yu IlHan, who had given up on controlling the vast amount of mana, felt the clash between two strong thoughts and waited until the conclusion.

On one side was a thought that left Yu IlHan's control with the help of the magic formation, and on the other was a thought that became Yu IlHan's loyal underling after suitable negotiation and conversation.

It was quite a strange feeling that he himself couldn't do anything even though it was something happening within him.

He would have eaten popcorn if there was any, but it was unfortunate that there wasn't. Yu IlHan resolved that he should carry around popcorn in his Cross Bag just in case something like this happens again.

[Damned dragonkin! Yes. I will kill you first!] (Reta)

[Kyahaaaaak!]

The two thoughts really did clash quite hard.

Although they were referred to as 'thoughts', in reality, they were fragments of souls. As compensation for acquiring Death Collector which absorbed and stored life force, he ended up absorbing the soul fragments that came along with it from time to time.

That, was akin to poison. The kind that would become his weapon if he used it well, but could devour him from the inside if he made a mistake.

When he absorbed the life force and thoughts of numerous monsters he killed through Death Collector after he became Rookie Reaper, there was once a time when all kinds of berserk screams and roars of monsters assaulted him.

Yu IlHan had won against them with just a shout, but in truth, it wasn't over with just that much. If it wasn't Yu IlHan who was in possession of a psyche that had endured a thousand years alone, one would not be able to reamin calm against the echoes of countless souls that resented him.

This was the compensation for acquiring the powers of a deathgod. Although he never had the opportunity to become aware of that as his mental defenses were very formidable, The power of an exceptional thought known as Reta Kar'iha, and her actions succeeded in changing Yu IlHan's awareness.

Due to that, Yu IlHan reached the conclusion that he should establish rule over the other thoughts and thus, ruled over the Orochi. Only then could he be considered as having become a true deathgod.

[Kyaaaaak!] (Reta)

The battle ended as he had wished. Of course, it was the Orochi's victory as he had devoured the powers of numerous dragonkin.

In the first place, Reta could be considered to have failed the moment Yu IlHan considered that Reta would betray him.

[How, can this be.......!] (Reta)

[Kyahaaaa!] (Orochi)

The Orochi laughed in front of the enemy's defeat. Yu IlHan also laughed.

This was the moment when he truly felt that the words 'Yesterday's enemy are today's allies, and today's allies are tomorrow's enemies' were true.

[Wait, I...... still!] (Reta)

Spoke Reta in a resentful voice.

Normally in situations like these, one would say 'Any last words?' or 'Hmph, I can't kill you so easily. You need to suffer a pain worse than death!' and such useless stuff before getting counterattacked into a crisis, but Yu IlHan declared curtly as if to break all those clichés.