4.4

Austin's POV

I could hear the desperation in her voice as she cried for me to not leave, to not do this to her and a sick twisted part of me loved to hear her begging me to not do something with someone else, it was like confirmation for me in a way that she really and truly loved me.

To be honest I had no idea why I even called Ash over to my house, I had no intention of doing anything with her and had no intention still even after I had her in my house. She however must've thought differently as she walked into my house in a black dress that hit just above mid thigh, clung to her body like cling wrap, was strapless with most of the right side cut out from deep by her hip to underneath her right arm. There was no question to why she wore it, I had admitted to her it was one of my favorites when we were dating and it always proved to get her lucky.

However today didn't seem to be her lucky day, or anyone's lucky day for that matter. I had every intention of going out to the bar and drinking till I forgot, but no matter what liquid I washed down my throat, and to no shock to me, whatever girl the guys tried to throw in front of me to help me forget Charlie, none of it worked. The only girl I wanted in front of me was my Charlie and the only thing I wanted to press my lips on were hers.

Much to everyone's disappointment, I left the bar early and headed back to Tarzana calling Ash along the way, at the time having every intention of using her to erase Charlie, but the longer I sat in the car after I called her, the more I realized I didn't want to do this. I couldn't do this to her, not again. It didn't matter how mad at her I was right now, it still didn't change the fact that I love her and want to be with her.

But then thoughts of Austy came flooding into my mind, making me furious at her all over again for hiding him from me, but still I couldn't fathom cheating on her not again and it still didn't change my feelings for her. So needless to say, I surely opened a can of worms tonight unintentionally and I knew it wasn't going to be easy to fix on either end.

I threw my phone down on my bed letting out a shaky breath as I ran my hands over my face. It hurt me tremendously to hear her falling apart like that and knowing that it was me that made that happen to her, but unfortunately I had made my bed and now I had to lay in it. I sighed as I heard Ash calling my name again from the living room. Grabbing a cigarette from the pack I put it between my lips and sparked it lit blowing out a thick cloud of smoke as I walked back out towards her leaving her only momentarily as I called Charlie to get the thoughts that were eating away at me off of my mind. 

"So are you done thinking about her now or do I need to help you out?" she asked, her tongue coming between her plump lips as she walked over towards me, her black stilettoes echoing off the floor of the half empty room. She wrapped her arms around my waist, sinking her hands in my back pockets as she looked up at me with her wide doe eyes.  

I looked down at her only feeling remotely bad as I took note of the anticipation behind her eyes. She really was an equal mix of angel and devil and when she was an angel she was the sweetest most caring girl that I have ever seen, hell she even gave Charlie a run for her money. But when she was the devil she turned into this person that I didn't know, a person that I wasn't proud to be with. That thought alone was enough for me to know that what her and I had for years was over. 

"I'm sorry Ash, calling you here was a mistake" I said to her, putting my cigarette back up to my mouth as I backed away from her, that angelic side that had just innocently been looking at me for several minutes disappearing quickly as the devil was getting ready to come out and play. 

"You know you don't mean that baby. It's okay to admit to yourself how much you missed me" she purred walking towards me again as I kept backing myself away from her.