1.9

April 20, 2016- Charlie's POV

"Come here baby, we are going to listen to Daddy's new song" I said sweetly to little Austin as I picked him up and set him on my lap.

I turned on Beats 1 just in time as I heard Zane introduce Go Flex by Post Malone. The music started and little Austin started bouncing up and down and clapping his hands as I felt my breath catch when he started singing.

Lighting stog after stog, choke on the smoke
They tell me to quit, don't listen what I'm told
Help me forget that this world is so cold
I don't even know what I'm chasin' no more
Tell me what I want, just keep searchin' on
It's never enough, cup after cup, blunt after blunt
I wouldn't give one if I could find a fuck, ha, ha, ha
In the cut and I put that on my momma
And my bitch called talkin' 'bout some drama
I swear there ain't no time for women on the come up
It's either the pussy or the commas

Man I just wanna go flex
Gold on my teeth and on my neck
And I'm stone cold with the flex
With my squad and I'm smokin' up a check
Man I just wanna go flex
Gold on my teeth and on my neck
And I'm stone cold with the flex
With my squad and I'm smokin' up a check

"Do you like it baby?" I asked little Austin as I bounced him softly up and down on my knee.

"Daddy, daddy!" he smiled and clapped his hands.

"Looks like Austin's new song gets his sons approval. What about yours?" my Mom asked as she poured herself a cup of black coffee and sat at a stool on the opposite side of the wide island.

"I think it's amazing, he really did it Mom" I smiled as I brought my arms around my baby boy and gave him a tight squeeze and a kiss on the head. The only connection between myself and his Dad.

"Mommy" he giggled as he squirmed in my arms before I gave him a kiss on the cheek and let him run away.

"How is Austin honey?" my Mom asked looking at me with a sympathetic look behind his eyes.

"He's alright. We don't talk every day like we used to. I'm lucky if I get a day or two a week. He's the opening act for Justin Bieber's tour, so he's pretty excited about that. I talked to him on FaceTime for the first time in seven months a week ago" I said smiling down at my phone as Austin's song finished.

"Why so long? That used to be the only way you guys talked" my Mom said raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know things happened when we were on FaceTime that can't happen anymore" I said getting red hoping my Mom didn't pry too much.

"Did you tell him about little Austin?" she asked with a smile.

"No, but I'm sure his mind is racing. Little Austin wasn't sleeping when his Dad decided to FaceTime me the other night and I made up this huge lie that I was watching my friends baby who just so happened to be named Austin. Mom he talked to him so comfortably, and the way he looked at him" I said starting to cry.

"Honey, holding this in isn't good for you or for him. Think of what Austin would say if you kept this from him any longer. There's a potential your friendship could be ruined, that he won't believe you that it's his. There's a lot at stake here Charlie. Plus do you really want little Austin to meet his Dad when he's 6 or 7 and have Austin miss out on all those years honey" my Mom said softly.

"Mom, I know Austin. If I told him that we had a baby he would tell me to come out and be with him because it was the right thing to do, because that's how he was raised. It wouldn't be because he wants to be with me. Then I run the risk of loosing him again because there would be a huge chance of him being unhappy and cheating to get what he wants" I said to her trying my hardest to hold back my tears.