4.8

Charlie's POV

I felt my eyes flutter closed as he pressed his lips gently against mine, his left hand resting on my right hip as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in close to him as I started to lose myself in our kiss. I finally let my body react in the way it has been craving as I threw my arms around his neck, parting my lips just slightly allowing room for his tongue to meet with mine, as they danced together in a beautiful slow waltz. He broke away from the kiss minutes later, a wet suction sound resonating in the openness around us, his hands squeezing tightly on my hips as he pressed another chaste kiss to my lips before resting his forehead on mine.

I left my arms wrapped around his neck, my eyes roaming over his as I started to feel a rush of emotion run through me. Even though I needed the time I had away from him I knew that I needed him just as much. I longed for this moment, to stubborn to make it happen on my own and feeling extremely thankful that whatever happened to make him show up on my doorstep  happened.

"Austin" I said quietly, shaking my head back and forth as I was at a loss of words to say what I needed to say to him, still completely in shock that he was standing on my doorstep right now.

"Shh Charlotte you don't need to say anything right now baby girl" he said, pulling me close to him as I rested my head on his chest, his arms roaming up to my back as he pressed his lips into the crown of my head. We stood like that for I don't even recall how long, the minutes seeming to tick by like seconds and the hours seeming to tick by like minutes.

Finally I pulled away from him, looking up into the beautiful crystal blue irises that I had missed so much, my thumbs running over his cheeks as he produced a soft smile, turning his right cheek into my touch as he closed his eyes briefly before letting them flutter open, a glitter in his eyes that I couldn't get enough of.

"Austin, I just. You're here" I said with a chuckle, looking him up and down as I found his hands, lacing my fingers into the empty space of his as I held on to them tightly.

He chuckled, the calloused pad of his thumb running over the top of my soft hand, "Yes Charlotte I'm here baby girl. And as much as I love standing on the porch with you, I would like it even more if we could go inside" he said, his eyes never breaking the connection that they had with mine.

"Oh, right I'm sorry" I said, shaking my head with a laugh as I turned around pulling him through the threshold of my side door, Austin closing it quietly behind him as he followed me over towards the couch where Austy was sleeping peacefully. I looked at him over my shoulder, bringing my index finger to my lips as I gestured for him to be quiet. I smiled as I let go of his hand, watching as he walked over and sat gently next to our sleeping baby boy.

I folded my arms over my chest watching as he ran his hand softly over the small mess of curls that laid atop our precious little boys head, leaning in as he placed a soft kiss to his forehead. "Hi Austy, it's Daddy. I love you so much" I heard him whisper to him quietly, placing another kiss on his forehead as he turned to look at me.

"He's beautiful Charlotte" he beamed, staring at me for just a few seconds before bringing his attention back to our sleeping little boy. "I'm sorry that I missed out on so much Charlotte, you have no idea how sorry I am" he said, turning so he was sitting more comfortably on the couch, holding out his left hand as I grabbed it letting him pull me close to him as I sat down in his lap.

"It's okay Austin, it's not all your fault. If I told you sooner you could've have been part of his life from the very moment that he was born" I said, resting my head on his as he slowly rubbed the outside of my exposed thigh in my short shorts I wore for bed.

"We'll talk about all of that soon Charlotte, and I promise that I will listen. I'm ready now" he said quietly. "Do we need to put our son to bed?" he asked me, turning his head to look at me as he pressed another soft kiss on my lips. I nodded my head at him as I got up off of his lap, watching as Austin scooped him up in his arms. He followed me up the stairs towards Austy's bedroom, a small chuckle leaving his lips as he saw the interior completely decorated in Dallas Cowboys colors and memorabilia.