5.9

Charlie's POV

LA wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be, even though my anxiety was on overdrive as I walked through the streets, it still wasn't as blood sucking as I thought it was going to be. Maybe it was because it was during the day or maybe it was because I actually kept an open mind about being here, but regardless I felt like it was a place I would be able to handle... in small doses.

Austy seemed to like it as he happily alternated between walking next to Austin, to resting on his hip back to walking next to him. I was still shocked at how quickly Austin was sliding into his role of Dad. It was a very welcomed change and one that I hoped he would keep up with even after his week off. If he didn't, I feel like it would be a rollercoaster of emotions for Austy and I didn't want him to go through that in a new place with just me to turn to for support.

Austin took us to all of the important places in LA starting with showing us where his recording studio was, which kind of surprised me. I was thinking more of a movie depiction of a recording studio compared to what it was. It resembled more of a house than a recording studio, but I guess that would only be more beneficial to me if I had to be there with Austy as there was a place for us to be while he was doing his thing. Although, I felt like it didn't matter if Austin was working or not Austy would be as close to him as possible.

He took us for a stroll down Rodeo, my head spinning like it was on a swivel as I took in the names of all of the stores that I had only seen in movies, heard in songs, and longed to have but knew I would never have the money to ever own. He took us to see the Walk of Fame, Austy bending down to try to fit his hands into every handprint he could find, the name underneath it super insignificant to him as he hopped like a frog from one to the other.

After, he took us for a nice lunch at the Feast Kitchen and Grill, a place that I could see the Austin that I knew and grew up with eating at and the fact that he kept things super down to Earth during our adventure only made me appreciate him even more, and appreciate the fact that he was doing everything imaginable to make me see LA in a different light.

Our last stop on our tour through LA was Venice Beach, someplace that Austin joked about saying even non beach lovers loved this beach. I was a little apprehensive to the idea knowing that Venice Beach was always one of the most packed beaches in LA, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt hoping that he knew what he was doing. It was a peaceful time to say the least, we walked hand in hand down the shore, his Vans clutched in his right hand and my sandals clutched in my left, our free hands respectively holding tightly to each other as we followed a happy Austy down the shoreline, chuckling as he would run screaming every time the waves would wash up around his ankles.

It was surely the family that I had always wanted, and for that day it felt like Austin wasn't even on his way to stardom. It felt like we were a family of tourists that were viewing the important sights of LA, enjoying our day together laughing and talking with just the odd adventure of viewing a recording studio added to our list. Everything was perfect, we were perfect and I couldn't be happier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the week continued to be the dream that I had always wanted. Austin spent every waking moment he could with us, waking up early to get breakfast ready, spending time with Austy so he could attempt to make up for all the years that he missed with him and just being an all around model boyfriend and Father. We spent a lot of time hanging around his house, the three of us doing family things together since now that we were here, Austin realized how non-family friendly his home was.

Austin and Austy quickly became attached at the hip, a foreign feeling to me since I was so used to be Austy's go to for anything that he needed, but now that Austin was around I seemed to have a greater deal of free time on my hands as opposed to years prior. I wasn't really sure what to do with myself. Austin insisted on me relaxing more and often days would force me to relax by the pool with a book and a glass of wine while he took care of Austy.