1.1

August 2015- Austin's POV

"Fuck, I can't fucking believe it baby! I signed a fucking recording contract with Republic Records" I said as I wrapped my arms around her, pressing my lips firmly against hers before she pulled away.

"I knew it would happen baby" she said pulling away from me with a smile as I set her back down on the ground.

"It's all because of you Ash. You stuck with me and helped me get booked at nightclubs and shit. Fuck I don't know what I'd do without you" I said placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I'd do anything for you babe" she smiled up at me as I grabbed her hand and walked her into the Olive Garden in LA, the only place I'd ever want to celebrate a success like this with the only girl I'd want to celebrate with.

"Ash it's so bizarre baby. I never thought at 20 that this would be it for me. I mean it all happened so fast" I said over flowing with excitement at the event that just happened.

"That's how it always works. Your at rock bottom, thinking that you put all this time and effort in for nothing and then suddenly your climbing to the top" she smiled beautifully at me, her long hair cascading over her shoulder.

"And to think you almost let this guy walk away from you 6 months ago" I laughed taking a sip of my coke, dying inside for a Bud to adequately celebrate my success, but that would come later.

"Well I have to admit, you were very persistent" she smiled as she put her pink lips on her straw to take a sip of her water.

"You have no idea how glad I am that your mine baby, your absolutely perfect. The best girl I've been with hands down" I said grabbing her hand over the table.

"Awww thanks Austy, your so sweet" she giggled grabbing a breadstick out of the basket.

Her nickname for me made me swallow hard as my thoughts immediately flooded back to Charlie, suddenly feeling bad for everything I told Ashlen. How was it so easy for me to forget her like that? And to tell Ash that she was hands down the best girl I've been with when no one could hold a match next to Charlie.

"Austin, baby. You okay?" she asked pulling me back from my thoughts.

"Oh yeah sorry, my head is just filled with so much right now" I laughed nervously.

"You'll get used to it, and I'll be right there with you" she smiled as our food came to the table, the both of us eating in a comfortable silence.

We finished up as we walked hand in hand back out to my car, opening the door for Ash who gave me a quick kiss on the lips before settling herself comfortably in the passenger seat.

"Are you sure your okay babe?" she asked as I put my car in drive and started my way back to my home in Tarzana. 

"Yeah, I just remembered that I need to call my friend Charlie when we get back" I said.

"He'll be so excited hearing your news!" she said grabbing my hand and placing her soft plump lips on top leaving a small kiss in their wake.

"Yeah, I know. He's always been so supportive of me" I laughed nervously before settling myself back into my thoughts as we continued our quiet drive home.