1.2

Charlie's POV

I felt as if my heart had stopped beating, my blood was running so slow and cold through my entire body. For months I had increasingly been building up hope that something was going to happen between Austin and I, that any day he was going to ask me to pack everything and come and be in LA with him. He would finally meet his son, we could finally be a happy family and we can chase his dream together.

However, he had a girlfriend. And not someone recent, she was with him for 5 months, which in that time he and I have been getting intimate with each other which also only built my hopes up even more. Why was I so stupid to think that something was going to happen between us? I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach ever since the day I walked up the escalator at the airport in Dallas that we were never going to be a thing again, and that feeling came true.

I had to tell him that I loved him one more time, he had to know. I didn't say it because I wanted to change things between him and his girlfriend, I said it because he had to know that I was being truthful. As stupid as it was I was going to wait for him, he was always going to be a part of my life now that I had little Austin and he was going to need to come back to me in some form because he eventually was going to find out about him.

I cried a little while longer, ripping the Nirvana t-shirt off of my body and throwing it on the floor, wiping at the tears coming out of my eyes with my palms. I looked over at my clock to see that it was 10pm and I instantly knew the person that I had to call. I quickly found Casey's name in my phone and hovered my thumb over her name.

"As much as I love to see that you are calling me, I know this can't be good" she laughed into the phone.

"I'm so stupid Casey" I said half laughing and half crying into the phone.

"Spill it girl" she said as I heard her pop the top to a can of beer.

"Everything is just going wrong Casey, ever since I left Texas my life has just been going nuts. I lost the one person that I ever truly loved and to top it off I promised him that I would wait for him because I cant see myself being with anyone else besides him. We stopped dating each other when I left but then one day on the phone we kinda you know" I said awkwardly laughing.

"You guys had phone sex keep going" she laughed.

"How did you know?!" I asked.

"Austin may have spilled that part" she laughed.

"Fucker. Anyway, yes we had phone sex....several times over the past several months and it just kept increasing my hopes that we were going to be something more. Then he called me last night and told me that he signed a recording contract with Republic Records and I have never been more excited for him. I gave him a little congratulatory orgasm and the next thing I know another girl is walking out towards him" I said breaking down in tears.

"Oh Charlie, girl I am so sorry" she said, pure sympathy radiating from every word that slid quietly out of her mouth.

"I mean I don't know what I expected Casey, I kind of knew that this was going to happen. But what gets me is he had no problem acting like she wasn't there for the past 5 months or even tonight for that matter" I said sadly, feeling bad that I was the girl he cheated on his girlfriend with.

"Listen girl, you can't feel bad for his actions. If he had no problem getting off to watching you and imagining he was doing shit with you then he doesn't really love this girl or they have a super rocky relationship....already" she said.

"Your probably right" I said sadly, climbing under the covers as I settled myself into bed.

"No I know I'm right. I'm not sticking up for him because what he did was fucking selfish and shitty. He wanted to have his cake and eat it too and he needs to know that he can't do that" she sighed.