5.7

Austin's POV

I watched as she ran as quick as she could out of the nearest door that led to the dimly lit patio off of my bedroom. To say that I was confused would be an understatement. We just had an amazing few days and we were getting ready to share in a beautiful moment of finally being together, shit she even looked hot as fucking hell when I walked out of the bathroom and now this.

After deciding that trying to wrap my head around what had just happened without even looking at the source was going to a battle hard fought, I decided to pick up the phone that she whipped at my stomach that was now lying in the heap of blankets on my bed. Picking it up I instantly saw why she reacted the way she did and she had every right to do so.

The way Ash appeared in my phone would probably have been enough to make her skeptical and hesitant, but the accompanying words that went along with it explained her actions very well. I nervously rubbed at the back of my neck as I paced back and forth over the cold marble looking floor of my house, my phone clutched in my hand that was hanging loosely down at my side. I knew Charlotte well enough to know that when something pissed her off or hurt her she needed at least 15-20 minutes by herself to cool herself down and have her brain get on a logical thinking level.

I walked back over to the bed setting myself down on the edge of it as I quickly went to the message that Ash sent me, deciding that this would be an easier battle to win than the one that I was going to have to face with Charlotte in just a few minutes. I read over the message wondering why the hell she was even sending this to me, when thoughts of what I did with her to spite Charlotte came flooding back to my head, Ash clearly getting the wrong impression that something was starting to flourish between us again since she clearly still had feelings for me.

Ash I don't know what you're getting at but we are done. I don't want you back and I never will want you back. Please leave me alone and let me live the life that I was meant to live for years.

fuck u austin! u think u can fuck me and leave me just like that? we aren't done yet austin i can promise u that. enjoy ur time with ur precious charlie before the walls come tumbling down. love u baby, ur in denial but i kno u love me too.

I swallowed hard after reading her words. I knew Ash to be vindictive and manipulative, shit she stopped me from talking to Charlotte for months convincing me that she was the one that I needed to be with and not Charlotte. I didn't take her words lightly since when she said something it always seemed to happen. I quickly deleted her name and number from my phone, hoping that would be a great starting spot for me and Charlotte so I can prove to her that Ash was no longer part of my life.

I grabbed a cigarette out of my pack that was lying on the table and grabbed my lighter as I quickly lit it.  I took several long drags on the burning stick before I started to make my way towards the doors to the patio. This was not how I wanted to spend my first night with Charlotte. I had imagined it being beautiful, full of love and laughter as we held each other in our home casually talking about what we thought our future was going to be like.

"Charlotte" I said as I made my way out to the patio to find her curled up into a chair that she positioned to look out over the city. I waited a few seconds to see if she would respond, when nothing came I let out the breath that I had been holding as I realized that this was going to be a harder battle to fight then I thought.

"Charlotte baby, please can we talk?" I asked her, walking up next to her. She looked over at me with heavy red eyes that matched the sexy nightie that she had put on, the mascara running down her face and her cheeks flushed from crying so much. I felt a literal pain jolt through my body as it had seemed that my whole entire involvement in her life since Austy had been nothing but tears and heartbreak. I had promised myself, my parents, her parents and shit even her that that wouldn't happen anymore yet here we were.