5.1

Austin's POV

I followed behind her as she slowly started pulling me up the stairs that would inevitably lead to her room. The look on her face telling me that she was most likely planning on more than just laying down with me, but to be honest after the talk with her Father I wasn't sure if I wanted to go there again. I felt like we needed to talk about what life was going to be like when she got out there. I wanted to know what she was expecting so I could reassure her suspicions as well as fill her in on the harsh reality of LA life in and of itself without adding the extra sugar on top of me being an up and coming celebrity.

She stopped at the top of the stairs turning around to face me as she placed a soft kiss on my lips, the feeling always giving me butterflies ever since the first time it happened four years ago right up to now, another positive sign for me that Charlotte was the girl that I was supposed to be with.

"Baby I'll be right back. I want to go check on Austy okay?" she said looking up at me, tiny pieces of hair falling from its restraint as they hung in front of her face. I reached up and gently moved them from obscuring the beautiful hue of her eyes as I smiled down at her.

"Is it okay if I come too?" I asked her, not wanting to miss another moment of my precious sons life. Even though it seemed like a quick task, it was something I wanted to be a part of. From this moment on I wanted him to know that I was going to be there for him. I had a lot of catching up to do, but I was ready to do it.

"Sure baby" she smiled reaching for my hand again as we walked the few feet down the hall, her left hand reaching out as she softly rested it against the white wood of the door pushing it open slowly, the door making the familiar sound of wood brushing against plush carpet as it opened allowing us to step inside.

I noticed that Charlotte stepped off to the side causing me to give her a curious look as she motioned for me to go check on our son. I gave her a shy nod, for some reason feeling like I was going to mess up the easiest of all tasks of making sure that he was sleeping soundly as I slowly walked my way to the edge of the bed. I rested my hands on the rails that served as a barrier, protecting him incase he rolled too close to the edge so he wouldn't fall onto the floor.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched him sleep. He was curled comfortably on his side, his blanket clutched tightly in his fist and his lips slightly parted, small toddler snores leaving his little body that twitched almost unnoticeably here and there before a small laugh escaped from his lips causing my lips to turn up at the edges.

I reached in and rested my hand on his head, rubbing over his unruly curls as I started to feel a sea of emotion starting to form inside of me as I looked over him again in complete disbelief that I had helped create this beautiful human being. I jumped just a little as I felt Charlotte come up next to me, both of her hands wrapping around my right arm as she laid her head gently against my bicep.

"I love you Austy" I said quietly, leaning down as I pressed my lips softly to his head causing him to squirm only slightly before he settled himself back down again. I stepped back from the bed turning to look at Charlotte as I held both of her hands loosely in mine, leaning in and pressing a quick but sensual kiss to her lips.

"You okay Austin?" she asked with the smallest of laughs as her eyes looked up into mine, her irises gleaming with the low light of the room as they danced over my face. I was thankful for the darkness so she couldn't see the crimson color that was crawling its way up my face as I gave her a shy nod before letting out a small sigh.

"I helped make that beautiful little boy" I said, still in complete disbelief that I could create something as beautiful as him, although i firmly believed he would not be as cute as he was if it wasn't for Charlotte being the other half of this puzzle.