0.8

I walked out of the door to the airport slowly, grabbing a Marlboro out of my pack. I lit it as I stood on the sidewalk inhaling it quickly before heading to my car.

I got in and closed the door putting my head back against the seat and put my hands over my face.

"Fuck" I said bringing my palm down hard on the steering wheel before clenching my hands into a fist, bringing my face down to rest on them as I started to cry.

I gathered myself together as I took my phone out of my pocket, my finger hovering over Charlie's name debating if I should call her to tell her the words I know she needed to hear and I needed to say.

I hit her name and swallowed hard as it rang a few times before she picked it up.

"Hi Austy" she said quietly, her voice shaking giving it away that she had been crying.

"I just wanted to be sure that you made it through security okay" I said.

"Yeah Austy I'm good. I'm just going to get something to drink and then settle in and read my book" she said softly.

"Ok please let me know when your on your way" I said resting my head back against the headrest.

"Okay Austy" she said.

"Charlotte baby, I lo-" I started but stopped myself.

"What's thst Austin?" she asked, hopefulness filling her voice.

"I loved spending time with you and everything that happened between us" I said as I pulled at my hair pissed at myself that I didn't tell her what we both needed to hear being said.

"Me too Austin. I'm next, so I better go" she said.

"Okay Charlie. Be safe" I said, palming my forehead.

"Take care of yourself Austy" she said hanging up the phone.

Stoney 🚬
hey case can i stop by?

Case
yes stoney get your heartbroken ass over here

Stoney 🚬
you've grown to know me to well

I pulled into Casey's driveway a half hour later as I got out and quickly made my way towards the boathouse. It was practically her home during the summer.

I knocked on the door as she opened it a few seconds later looking me over with a smile. I smiled at her quickly before I walked in closer to her wrapping her in a hug.

"Come on Austin, lets talk" she said letting me go as she walked into the large open area.

"Did you just drop her off?" she asked as she sat Indian style in the large white leather chair in the corner.

"Yeah" I said sitting on the matching leather couch, leaning forward so my forearms were resting on my knees.

"And did the two of you actually talk last night?" she asked raising her eyebrows.

"We did" I laughed rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well then, that didn't turn out like I had hoped for y'all" she smirked.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking up at her.

"I was hoping she was going to go to LA with you Stoney. You two were meant for each other, the chemistry between the two of you was on fire" she said shaking her head back and forth.