5.4

Charlie's POV

I walked into the living room, Austy and Austin's head both turning towards me as they flashed me the shame shy identical smile. I walked over to the couch as I sat myself comfortably in the corner, Austy running over towards the chair in the corner before starting to come back towards me with his blanket, something he had a hard time getting rid of no matter how hard I tried.

"Momma I'm tired" he said as he climbed into my lap and snuggled his head underneath my chin, his fingers playing with the very frayed and worn tag on the blanket. I wrapped my arms around him as I slowly started moving back and forth, a swaying motion still helping him fall asleep even at this age.

"Do you wanna go lay with Daddy buddy?" I asked him, not wanting to take this moment away from Austin but also knowing that Austy wouldn't fall asleep with anyone but me.

"No please" he said, Austin's face falling suddenly. I felt a pang in my heart at his answer as I motioned for Austin to come and sit next to me which he did happily.

"Please don't take it personally baby" I said with a half smile as I looked up at him, my gaze quickly connecting with my sons as I saw his eyes start to get heavy as he struggled to keep them open.

"I'm not, I don't know if you remember but I always wanted my Mom when it was time for a nap too" he said with a smile as he pressed his lips to my head.

"I remember, you were a complete Momma's boy baby" I said with a smile as his face started to turn red, his hand rubbing at the back of his neck in that nervous fashion as I placed a kiss on his cheek. "But it was cute baby" I said with a smile, my gaze falling down on Austy who was already asleep.

"That was quick" he said with a laugh as he reached out and grabbed his hand in his as he looked down at him with only the look a father could give his little boy.

"He's a quick sleeper, like someone else I know," I said bumping into him slightly with my shoulder as he let out a small chuckle.

"Where do you put him to nap Charlotte?" he asked me, as we quickly shifted him between our arms.

"I put him upstairs in his bed, but you don't have to carry him up there if you don't want to," I said, only to have him stand up and start walking towards the stairs. I followed him up and into Austy's room as he gently laid him down placing a small kiss on his forehead before he walked over towards me.

"Austin you are going to be an amazing Daddy" I said to him, my chin resting against his chest as I looked up into the beautiful blue irises that I fell in love with so long ago.

"You think?" he asked with a chuckle, his left hand leaving my waist as he scratched at his head, his face twisting into a look of disbelief as I let out a quiet chuckle.

"Yes baby" I said, our eyes dancing with each other as he slowly brought up his hand to wipe a few strands of hair away from my face, his stare changing from loving to worry as he tilted his head just slightly to look at me.

"Charlotte, I know that you didn't want to talk about what happened in the restaurant, but can we please go talk?" he asked me, his words making my breath catch in my throat as my eyes quickly darted away from him, the action not going unnoticed as he gently cupped my chin to bring my gaze back to rest on him.

"Baby girl, I don't want this to be how we start our relationship together. No more hiding things, you used to be so open with me and I'd love if I can have that back" he said, his eyes pleading with mine as I slowly started to nod my head.

I pulled away from him, grasping his hand in mine as I started walking with him out of Austy's room, his hand reaching out for the doorknob as he pulled the door closed behind him with a small click. I bypassed my room feeling like the temptation to do more than talk about my feelings would take over what he was trying to accomplish as I started heading down the staircase, my destination being the comfortable couches in the living room. I knew my parents wouldn't be back for several hours yet so we would have plenty of time to talk everything out, at least I hoped.