3.1

Charlie's POV

"Let me guess, he asked you to help him" I said rolling my eyes as I walked over to her couch and fell, feeling defeated and broken....again. A feeling that I have become all to accustomed to but still haven't figured out how to deal with like a normal human.

"He did, but I'm done Charlie. I thought he was going to change this time, I really did. But I don't know what is wrong with him. I don't know why he has to go after every girl that he sees. I am so sorry" she said walking over next to me and crashing on the couch.

"I tried so hard to get over him Casey, I tried. I hook up with Trent at home when I'm feeling lonely, its nothing serious even though I think he wants it to be. I just can't Casey. I still love him, I still fucking love him so much" I said breaking down into tears.

"I know Charlie I know. But I think that you did the right thing" she said rubbing my back.

"Then why doesn't it feel like I did? Why do I feel like I just lost the biggest part of me?" I asked looking up at her, mascara running down my face.

"Because you love him Charlie and no matter what you do, you are always going to love him. And you have to remember that a huge part of him is going to always be with you. That precious little boy of yours" she said looking down at me with a smile.

"He is so much like him, Casey" I said looking up at her with a smile.

"I think he would love him Charlie" she said to me. I knew what she was getting at with her statement, but I couldn't do it, especially not now.

"I'm sure that he would" I said weakly, not giving into what she was trying to do.

"I don't think that he is going to give up though Charlie. If I know Austin like I think I do, I think he is going to keep trying" she said as I sat up and rubbed my hands over my red eyes.

"Your probably right, and knowing me I will eventually give in because I can't seem to stay away from him. I am so confused with everything. I want to be with him so bad. I want nothing more than to come home everyday to him, to start my family and be with him. Why can't we just be there? When I think that we are on the same page, he does something to screw it up" I said looking at her and shaking my head.

"Speaking of messing things up... what did you do today?" she asked me raising her eyebrows.

I shook my head with a laugh as I put my palm up to my face.

"I didn't do what you think I did. I wanted to, I wanted to so bad. I figured if I could sleep with Allen that that would kill him and he would know how I felt all these years. But, instead of us getting busy in the sack, he got busy with telling me how much Austin really does love me. It changed my mind completely and I immediately ran back to Rich and Jodie's and sent Austin a text telling him I was ready. Which I guess looking at it now was one of the stupidest things I did." I said letting out a defeated laugh.

"No girl, it wasn't stupid. If you slept with Allen, now that would've been one of the stupidest things you have done" she laughed giving me a hug.

"Thanks for letting me come over Casey. I didn't know where else to go. I know that you and Mark were planning for a nice romantic night before the bachelorette party tomorrow." I said feeling horrible for interrupting their night.

"It's no big deal girl. Where are you headed to now?" she asked.

I got up off of the couch and grabbed my phone out of my back pocket to check the time. It was around dinner and I'm sure that Jodie was making dinner for all of us. I needed to get out of this rut and go join them and not be rude.