5.2

Charlie's POV

I was woken up with a small shake to my shoulder, my eyes opening groggily as I looked around my room, my left hand coming up to rub at my eyes as I rolled over, a small smile forming on my lips as I took a moment to wrap my head around the fact that Austin was still in my bed. I smiled up at him laying my right hand on his cheek as I gently pulled him towards me so I could lay a gentle kiss on his lips.

"You're still here" I said with a chuckle, a shy smile tugging at the corner of his mouth as he grabbed my right hand in his, placing his lips softly on my palm.

"I am baby girl. I promise you I am not going anywhere this time" he said, his words making my heart race as I let them wash over my body like a calming rain in the middle of a summer thunderstorm. "But, Austy is up baby" he said, looking over his shoulder at the monitor that was showing his glowing eyes as they glared into the camera that was positioned on the end of his shelf focusing on his bed.

"Have you been watching him all morning baby?" I asked him with a chuckle as I sat myself up, resting my cheek on my knees as I looked over at him.

He gave me a shy shrug as he ran his hand over his frizzy hair, a small chuckle floating from his lips as he looked at me. "I woke up early and I couldn't stop watching him. I just had to make sure that he was doing okay" he said to me, his cheeks flushing crimson as I bumped into him with my body weight.

"Go get him baby, you can bring him back in here" I said with a smile, his eyes widening as he looked at me with a fear washing over him as if he was unsure of what he was going to do when he was with him alone.

"I-I don't know Charlotte, he doesn't know me baby girl. What if he gets all scared or whatever because this stranger with a frizzy man bun is coming to take him out of bed" he laughed.

I shook my head before leaning it against his shoulder, "he knows you Austin. He knows you more than you think he does. I told him as much about you as I could and showed him pictures of you all the time" I smiled warmly at him. "He knows you Austin, now you go so you can know him" I said, my head tilting up as I looked at him.

"Are you sure Charlotte?" he asked me. I knew that he was nervous and I could see it radiating off of him in everything he said and did, the thought making me laugh just slightly as I turned my head pressing my lips against the warm skin of his neck.

"Yes baby, I have the monitor so if he starts getting weird I'll come save you. Now go" I said with a laugh.

He nodded his head slightly as he slid himself off of the bed, throwing on his suit pants since he had nothing else here with him and walked down the hall to go get his son. I grabbed the monitor as I held it in my hand, turning the volume up just a little as I waited to see Austy meet his Dad for the first time, my heart starting to beat rapidly for the both of them.

I heard the familiar sound of the door pushing open, Austin's tall form just a shadow before he came into view of the camera. I watched as he walked slowly over towards Austy's bed as Austy was moving himself around to get a better view of the man that was walking towards him.

Austy got up on his knees, his tiny hands resting against the bedrail as Austin stood over him. I studied both of them carefully seeing who would make the first move, Austy's head tilting back and forth as he studied the tall man that was looming over him. Their stare down didn't last long before Austy moved his hand and placed it on top of Austin's, a smile coming over his face as he looked up at him.

"Hi Daddy" his little voice said, my hand coming up to my mouth as I started to feel my body shake, warm tears drifting out of my eyes as I continued to watch their interaction.