2.6

July 4, 2016- Charlie's POV

It's almost been a month since I talked to Austin. He's tried to call and text me several times after the message he sent me apologizing to me and trying to convince me that he was being forced into being in a relationship with Ashlen, like I believed that fucking shit.

I've thought about blocking his number and forgetting that he even existed in my life, but we've known each other for 21 years and we've been through so much I can't just forget his existence, not to mention he's the father of my child.

I haven't been doing well with the whole situation. I've been crying myself to sleep most nights, I hardly talk to little Austin about his Dad anymore. When he comes on the radio or the TV I change the channel. I even broke the mixtape in half and threw it away, a little cliche I know but it's helped me move on, well sort of.

I started going out with my friends more. Sure it wasn't an immediate thing, it took a week or two but I decided if I was going to stop talking to him I couldn't be sitting home and thinking about him I had to keep my mind busy. So, my parents agreed to watch little Austin on Fridays so that I could go out with my friends.

It's been great, I've missed hanging out with them so much, and I have been talking to this guy Trent. He's 22 and just graduated from Syracuse with a degree in Health and Science and wants to be a physical therapist.

He's tall, brown curly hair, blue eyes and a toned body. Okay, so he's kinda similar to Austin but I can't help myself, no matter how pissed off I am at him I'm still attracted to him so I figured if I can't have him I'll take the next best thing.

Trent is my date to Casey and Mark's wedding, he was more than happy to take a trip to Texas with me. We aren't really dating, we just casually hook up every now and then and both of us are fine with that, but he's always there when I need him.

I don't have the heart to tell him that whenever we have sex I think of Austin, probably one of the only times I do think of him, because I don't want it to hurt him. I'm kind of being selfish and a bitch but weird shit happens to a girl when she's heartbroken.

I'm on my way to Casey's this weekend. Her maid of honor Brooke is doing her bachelorette party early and I couldn't be more excited. I need a good excuse to get drunk.

My parents and little Austin are coming as well. Jodie and Rich haven't met him yet and my parents have been dying to visit so why not all go.

I was just finishing packing my bag for the weekend, throwing it over my shoulder as I went to go get a bag ready for little Austin as my phone buzzed in my back pocket.

Trent 🥰
Hi love, when is your flight out?

Charlotte 💕
Hey babe, we are leaving soon. I think our flight leaves at three.

Trent 🥰
Okay, I'm sorry I couldn't stop by before you left. Have fun this weekend, you deserve it so much love.

Charlotte 💕
Thanks babe, I'll see you when I come back?

Trent 🥰
Of course

I smiled to myself like a kid who just walked into a candy store. He was so sweet to me, the thought of us becoming more than a hook up has crossed my mind but I didn't want to ruin a good thing. Plus, he doesn't know about little Austin.

I threw several pairs of shorts and some short sleeve shirts and tank tops for little Austin in his bag. I grabbed his Cowboys pajamas, his favorite lovey and threw enough diapers in the carry on to get me through the flight, I could always buy more in Texas if I needed too.