6.6

Austin's POV

"Is that it Dre?" I asked him with a slight arrogance to my voice. Not only was I pissed that he drug me in here on one of the most important days of my life, but my level of how pissed I was actually getting was only increasing by the minute. It seemed as if he was finding any and every thing for me to work on while I was here as if he didn't want me to go home to Charlotte and Austy so I could ask how the appointment went.

I had tried calling and texting her all afternoon. I knew that she was upset that I left her to go record Congratulations at the studio. When she did answer me it was short, sweet and to the point and no matter how many times I had said it to her I never got an I love you back from her during any of our little exchanges. I knew I told her that I was going to be there for her this time, that I was going to go through this journey with her every step of the way and so far I was doing a shitty job at keeping my word. She had every right to be mad at me, if I were her I'd be mad at me too. But, I was hoping her anger wasn't clouding out her love and that when we settled in to go to sleep tonight that we'd go to sleep uttering those three words I've been dying to hear all day.

"Post man, come on bro. We have just a few more things to do" Dre said giving me a sideways look before returning his attention to something that was scrolling across the screen in front of him.

I put my hands on the top of my head as I started pacing back and forth, my lip coming between my teeth as I attempted to bite my tongue at his words. I couldn't spend another second here, I had to get home to Charlotte and Austy they needed me more than Dre needed me right now and I'm sure whatever he had up his sleeve to work on could wait.

"Something the matter Posty?" he asked with a smirk as he raised his eyebrow at me.

"Yeah Dre actually something is the matter. You drug me away from my girlfriend making her go to her first appointment by herself. We finished recording with Quavo hours ago and you're still finding any and every excuse for me to not go home. Why?" I asked, my hands leaning on the table as I stood in front of him giving him a curious look.

"Because she isn't good for you bro. You haven't come in here happy or in good spirits since she came here and I wish you would open your eyes and see it" he said to me, his full attention given to me now as he looked at me over the top of his laptop. "I don't care how long you have known her for Post, I know you guys have a history but maybe that is what it is supposed to be is just that history" he said, his words making me feel uneasy.

I wasn't sure if it was because a part of me was thinking that he was right, the relationship with Charlotte seeming to be more work than what it needed to be. Neither of us seeming to be in a happy moment for longer than a few days before we were at each other's throats again. Or if it was because I wanted more than anything to connect my fist with his face for suggesting such a ridiculous thought. Whatever it was my mind wasn't able to settle on just one of those thoughts, both of them playing chase inside my brain as I tried to settle on which one to tag as it.

"Whatever bro. I'm done. Whatever you have for me can wait for another day. Whether you like it or not I am going home to my girl so I can find out all about our baby and share in the secondhand excitement since you took the real moment away from me before" I said, grabbing my phone and smokes off of the table next to me before heading out of the studio towards the black Denali that was waiting for me in the back parking lot.

The ride home seemed to take forever as I chain smoked cigarette after cigarette, my leg shaking with anxiety as I patiently waited to be dropped off at my house, a place I had never been so excited to get too since I moved in. I couldn't wait to hear all about the baby, find out if he or she was growing and doing okay and most importantly finding out when I would get to meet our little nugget. We pulled into the driveway, the car coming to a stop as I quickly hopped out and jogged up to the front door, pushing it open slowly as I looked around the dimly lit living room.