O.3

June 2013- Charlie's POV

"Tell Austin we said hi Charlotte" my Mom said as she gave me a kiss on the cheek outside of the Syracuse International Airport.

"I will Mom" I smiled, readjusting my carry on on my shoulder.

"Don't get too drunk this weekend" my Dad laughed wrapping me in a hug.

"Dad, come on you know I don't drink" I said as I lit a cigarette, blowing out the smoke.

"Yeah, you don't drink just like you told us you don't smoke" my Mom laughed shaking her head.

"I'll be fine, I promise. Okay I have a layover in Chicago and then I land in Dallas at 11:30. I'll call as soon as I get off and get my bag" I said, butting out my cigarette without even getting halfway through it.

"Okay, sounds good honey. Did you text Austin to let him know that your on your way?" my Mom asked hugging me again.

"It's 4:30 in the morning, I highly doubt Austin is going to be up" I laughed, remembering how even at a young age he was never really a morning person. He was typically a night owl and I would assume that hasn't changed.

"Okay, well safe travels honey. Make sure you tell Rich and Jodie thank you for letting you stay at their house" my Dad said.

"Yes yes okay. I'm going now alright" I laughed as I started walking towards the airport to check-in to my flight.

I stood in line with the several other passengers who were on my flight as I waited to check-in. I pulled out my phone thinking my Mom had a point. I should let him know that I was on my way. I took a picture of the United check-in area and attached it to a message.

Charlie
hey sleepy head! guess who is on their way!?

I was pleasantly surprised when he sent a text back almost instantly.

Austin
i am so fucking excited! i can't wait to see you Charlie.

Charlie
you must be excited. you are never awake this early haha

Austin
what can i say, im seeing my best friend that i haven't seen in 9 years

Charlie
hey you've seen me. what do you call those talks that we have every night. do you have your camera off or something haha

Austin
seeing you on camera is definitely not the same as seeing you in person love.

I felt my heart catch in my throat  when I read the simple word he included in his text. I never got the guts to tell Austin that I've had a huge crush on him since I was 16, so hearing him use that small term of endearment with me was enough to make my heart soar.

Charlie
yeah i guess your right, i can't wait to see your baby face either

Austin
listen here missy, just because you are a month and a half older than me doesn't mean that i'm a baby

Charlie
yea yea whatever. i'm next. see you in a few hours! love you!

Austin
thank god, i was wondering when you were going to stop talking i'm so tired.... just kidding Charlie. i'll be at the airport at 11. travel safe, love u

"Next!" the attendant at the desk yelled out. 

I walked up and handed her my boarding information, throwing my bag onto the scale.