2.7

"I'm so sorry Austin" she said quietly.

I didn't answer her as I took a moment to wrap my head around what she just told me. I made this happen, I pushed her away from me, and now I had to live with the consequences.

"Austin? Are you okay?" she asked.

"Go fucking figure, I'm fucking ready to be with her and she's with someone else" I laughed not knowing how else to react, grabbing another cigarette.

"Not to rub salt into the wound but you di-" she started but I cut her off.

"I know Case, I fucking did this" I said blowing out a cloud of smoke.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't think it's serious. I think it's just a hookup kinda thing" Casey said.

"That doesn't sound like Charlie. She isn't that kind of girl" I said shaking my head.

"According to Carly, she's changed Austin. Listen, she's on her way down here as we speak. She's coming for my bachelorette party. I'll keep you filled in on how she is and I'll try to convince her to talk to you" she said sweetly.

"Oh fuck thank you. I thought she blocked me" I said feeling relieved.

"Don't be so quick to assume Austin. Apparently if she hears your songs on the radio she turns it off, if she sees you on TV she changes the channel, if her friends talk about you she changes the subject" she said.

"I'm not giving up hope Casey. I did this and I am the only one who can fix this I know it isn't going to be easy, but I'm not going to give up." I said finishing my cigarette.

"I admire your determination. I just wish you realized this months ago Stoney. But I'll do what I can to help" she said.

"Fucking thank you so much. One more question" I said.

"Yeah?"

"Where is she staying?" I asked.

"With your Dad and Jodie, but I'm sure she'll be here most of the time" she laughed.

"Okay, thanks Case. Have fun tonight and please watch out for her, please" I said.

"Don't worry Stoney she'll be fine. You go out and celebrate you tonight it's not everyday you turn twenty one" she laughed.

"I'm a rockstar Casey, everyday is like I just turned 21. I'm sure I'll survive sitting home with a few friends" I laughed, but inside all I wanted was to be cuddled in bed with Charlie telling her how much I love her after we had beautiful sex, drinking wine and watching reruns of the Office.

"Oh right, how could I forget. I'll text you later Stoney, hang in there" she said.

"Bye Case" I said, hanging up the phone.

I quickly started scanning the internet for florists in the Grapevine area. I finally settled on Devin Designs Flowers. I ordered a dozen red roses to be delivered to Charlie at my parents and a half dozen white roses to be delivered to Jodie for tonight. I also asked them to deliver a dozen of pink, white and red roses for Charlie to Casey's on Saturday since I knew that she would be there.

I quickly remembered that I didn't get her anything for her birthday this year. I quickly got myself dressed semi presentable in a pair of ripped light wash jeans and a short sleeve black shirt. I slid into my vans pulling a baseball hat over my head. I called for Rick to ask him to come with me, not like I really needed security at this stage of my career but Dre insisted.

He showed up shortly out of the small add on to the house that was used for security by the previous owners. I climbed into the passenger seat of the Denali as we made our way towards Rodeo.