4.7

Austin's POV

The longer I sat there watching my two best friends getting married, the longer I had wished that I had changed my mind about coming. Everything about watching this happen made me think of Charlie and what I had potentially ruined between us. I hadn't changed my mind though, I was going to wait for her as long as I needed too. I knew that she was the girl for me, and I didn't want to be an idiot this time and not even try to have a life with her.

I got up from my seat in the last aisle as I made my way up towards the lodge where the reception was going to be held. I grabbed a cigarette from the inside pocket of my jacket and a lighter as I quickly lit it, inhaling deeply on the burning stick filling my lungs completely with as much nicotine as they could hold before letting out a thick white puff.

I grabbed my phone out of the pocket of my pants, quickly hitting Charlie's name as I started typing out a text to her.

Hey baby girl I hope you are doing well today. I miss you like crazy, and being here at Casey's wedding just makes me think about us even more. I'm so sorry for what I have done to you Charlotte and as always it takes me to the very last minute to realize that I fucked up. I love you baby girl so much and I wish each and every day that I will wake up to an answer from you.

Dad and Jodie send me pictures of our son everyday, and baby girl he is the most precious thing I have ever laid my eyes on. Despite what Jodie says, I think he looks just like you and from what she tells me he has the personality to match. I regret so much not taking the time to see him that day, but my gut tells me that we will meet again.

I love you and miss you so much Charlotte please don't forget that.

I hit the send button letting out a sigh, this being the 43rd message I had sent her since she decided that she needed her space from me. I respected her decision, finally realizing the heartbreak I had caused her after reading her texts, and made the decision that I was going to wait for her. If she could do it for me I could do it for her.

"Hey Stoney, thanks for coming" I heard Casey say from behind me, her voice startling me from my thoughts as I turned around to see her walking up towards me, her white dress clutched tightly in her hands so she wouldn't trip as she made her way up the slight grassy incline.

"Hey Case, you look beautiful and so happy. I wish you and Mark the best" I said walking over towards her as I wrapped her in a hug pressing a quick kiss to her cheek.

"Thanks Stoney, you doing okay?" she asked me as she grabbed on to my arm, the both of us making our way to a bench that was just at the top of the hill overlooking the beautiful pond where Casey just married the man of her dreams.

I laughed at her nervously as I rubbed at the back of my neck. "I mean I guess? I don't know. I feel fucking lost Case like I'm missing a huge part of my life without her" I said, grabbing another cigarette from my pack as I lit it quickly.

"She's been a huge part of your life for years Austin, I think I'd be concerned if you said that you didn't feel lost" she laughed. "Do you know why she had to do it though?" she asked me, her hand coming to innocently rest on my thigh as she looked at me.

I took a long drag on my cigarette, looking at all the people who had come to be part of Casey and Mark's day happily talking to each other before turning my attention back to her. "At first I didn't. I thought she was being selfish, pushing me out of her life after she was the one who dropped the bomb on me of our baby. But then after I thought about it, read some of the conversations we had and thought about everything I've done to her I understood" I said to her taking another drag on my cigarette.