1.4

Charlie's POV

"Be a good boy for Nana and Pop okay Austy? Momma will be back in a few days" I said squeezing my happy and smiling baby boy before handing him off to my Mom and Dad.

"I don't know what prompted this visit to see Casey, but tell her thank you from us for getting you out of the house" my Dad laughed giving me a one armed hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I will Dad" I laughed.

"Maybe Austin's back in town Tim" my Mom said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Mom, don't you think if Austin was in town I'd take little Austin down to see his Grandma Jodie and Grandpa Rich and his Daddy" I laughed as little Austin reached out and placed his hand on my face.

"Yes your right. I wasn't thinking" she laughed.

"I'm going to miss you so much" I said kissing little Austin's pudgy cheeks before ruffling up his already messed up curly hair.

"Get going Charlie, go have fun. We've got everything under control here" my Mom said practically pushing me to the United check-in line.

"Okay okay, but don't hang around because I won't want to go if I keep staring at this cutie" I said reaching out for little Austin one last time.

"Fair enough. Let us know when you get there Charlotte. We love you. Say bye Mommy love you" my Mom said as she picked up little Austin's hand having him wave to me, a wide toothy smile on his face.

I felt a lump rise in my throat as I waved and blew kisses as my parents walked away. This was the first time I was leaving little Austin in 17 months, and as much as I needed to get away I couldn't help but feel selfish. I quickly pushed the thought from my head as I walked up to the desk to check my small bag before making my way through the long line at security.

Charlie
hey girl i'm on my way!

Casey
Perfect! Is that cute little baby boy coming with you?

Charlie
no, i really just need this time for me this weekend, my goal is to push his Dad away for the weekend as fast and as long as i can.

Casey
looks like i'm behaving 😂 see you soon! love ya!

Charlie
what would i do without you ❤️

Casey knew me too well. When I was determined to do something, I was going to go hard until I got it done. And fuck, I've never wanted to get someone out of my head so badly as Austin. Not forever, but definitely for the weekend.

I just settled into my chair waiting for my flight to board when I got a text from Austin. I pulled it up and quickly scanned it with my eyes.

Austin
hey baby girl. i haven't heard from you since I told u i signed the record deal and that was three days ago. ik ur hurt charlie and i am so so so so sorry for that, please i need u to forgive me. i don't want to live the rest of my life knowing ur mad at me. i can't lose my best friend. please charlie, please

Just like all the other messages he sent me, I left this one as read and never responded. I don't know how he could say that to me. Expect me to forgive him right away after he pretty much confessed to the world that it was love at first sight with this girl he's seeing, when he knew me forever and all I ever wanted was to hear him say those words to me. I think the worst part of it was I confessed my feelings to him and I got nothing in return, not even an I like you a real lot Charlie. The thought of it was making me see red and I couldn't wait to land in Dallas and immediately start drinking him away.
———————
"Fuck girl it is so good to see you! And pregnancy does you so well! Look at these things" Casey laughed as she pointed out my bigger chest.