3.2

Charlie's POV

"Morning baby, how did you sleep last night?" I asked rhetorically to little Austin as I picked his smiling self out of the pack and play.

I set him down as I rummaged through the bags for a diaper and some clothes for the day, making a mental note to thoroughly pack the diaper bag incase Jodie and my Mom took him somewhere while I was gone.

I got him changed and ready, finding the Disney channel and setting him in the middle of Austin's bed as I got myself ready for the day. I slid into a pair of ripped shorts and a flowing white tank. This would do to start the day, deciding that my dark red mini skirt and tasteful yet sexy black bralette would only be suitable to wear out to the party tonight.

Throwing them and a change of clothes into my overnight bag, I grabbed little Austin and headed down the stairs to greet everyone. I felt better after my talk with Jodie last night, not perfect but good enough to try to be the daughter that my parents were missing for the last several months.

Setting little Austin down at the end of the stairs we walked towards the happy voices coming from the kitchen, Jodie greeting me with a warm smile the reasoning only between the two of us. Little Austin ran to my Dad, holding his hands up as he begged for him to sit him in his lap.

"Morning Charlie, did you sleep okay last night?" Jodie asked with a smile as she got up from her spot at the table to pour me a cup of coffee.

"I did, thank you" I smiled walking over to my Mom and Dad placing soft kisses on their cheeks.

"Morning guys" I said with a smile before sinking into the last open seat at the table, pulling my left leg under me as I watched little Austin interact with his grandparents.

"So what are the plans for today? Should we wait up for you in case you need a ride? Are you staying at Casey's?" my Dad asked looking at me over the rim of his glasses as he took a prolonged sip of his coffee.

"Uhm Casey's friend Tiff should be here in about a half hour to take me to a restaurant where the rest of the girls will be. I guess we are starting our day with doing a lunch for her, then going back to the boathouse for the afternoon and ending the night bar hopping. I'm pretty sure Mark convinced Allen to drive us and I'm going to stay at Casey's tonight so there is no need to wait up for me" I told them, a curt nod in response from all four letting me know they all heard the plans for the night and hopefully there would be no further questions.

We finished up our coffees, carefree and light chatter existing between the five of us as little Austin entertained us with his singing and dancing. I noticed Jodie recording the moment, no doubt in the back of her mind wishing she could show Austin his son. I felt a string being pulled in my heart, but quickly disregarded it as I cleared my throat and got up from the table, placing my white ceramic coffee mug in her wash basin sink before quietly exiting the room.

I'm not sure what it was, but I wanted so bad to pick up my phone and hear Austin's voice on the other end. Something about his sweet, jovial tone had always brought me out of any slump or made me feel better with any moment of weakness. I pulled my phone out of the back pocket of my jean shorts, taking serious thought if I wanted to open the can of forgiveness just yet. I sat staring at the black screen of my phone for what felt like hours, hoping that the answer I needed would slowly start to scroll it's way across for me to read, but nothing showed.

Realizing that I would have to take this decision into my own hands, I let out a sigh and shoved my phone into the back pocket of my shorts and put my head in my hands. I really wasn't the type of girl to give someone a taste of their own medicine, but it really wouldn't hurt for him to know what it felt like to be me. I just hope I could be strong enough to do it.