2.9

Charlie's POV

I walked quickly down the street towards Allen's house, a plethora of emotions mixing dangerously inside my body. Who the hell did he fucking think he was to think he could make me forget everything that happened the last month and a half by having roses and a card waiting for me at his parents house? And what the hell did he tell Jodie? I had thought she certainly knew the situation between the two of us, but clearly I was wrong. The hopeful look in her eyes when she handed me the card proved that.

I felt horrible for being rude to her, she didn't deserve that. She was no more than an innocent piece in Austin and I's unwinnable chess game and was only acting the way her step-son had explained the situation to her. I pulled out my phone to text her and apologize but figured I would do it later, if I ever made it home.

I walked faster as thoughts of Austin came streaming back into my head. I was so confused with everything I wasn't sure how I should be feeling right now. Part of me wanted to get on the phone and tell him that I forgive him for everything, that I love him and that I want to be with him. But the other half wanted me to fuck him over so bad so that he knew what it felt like to be hurt, but then again he didn't love me like I loved him so that wasn't going to do much of anything.

Several minutes later I reached Allen's house and knocked on the door to the basement. I quickly pulled my hair out of its ponytail and tousled it with my fingers and rearranged my clothes quickly before he opened the door.

"Well hello beautiful, aren't you a sight for sore eyes" he said with a wickedly gorgeous smile. Shit he got more good looking as the years passed.

"Hey handsome, how are you?" I asked wasting no time wrapping my arms around him in a huge hug.

"I've been good, just patiently waiting for you to get here. How was the flight?" he asked as I walked through the door and fell into the very worn and used couch.

"Long, but good. Do you have anything to drink around here?" I asked him with a laugh.

"Sure babe, what would you like?" he asked opening the fridge to reveal a healthy mix of all different kinds of beers.

"I guess a Bud Light" I said rolling my eyes.

"Austin's trained you well huh" he laughed grabbing the frosted blue can and tossing it to me gently.

"Woah woah woah, I'm here to forget that name baby, not remember it" I said cracking the top and taking a long sip, the coldness biting the back of my throat as the crisp liquid flowed down easily.

He came walking over towards me, sinking down into the couch next to me pulling my legs over his, his eyes connecting with mine.

"Can I ask?" he said in more of a statement then a question.

"I knew you were going to so go ahead" I said rolling my eyes.

"What did he do to you that was so bad that you want me to fuck the shit out of you so you forget?" he asked me raising his eyebrows.

"I mean if your not for it I can go to Mitch or Jason. I'm sure they would be willing" I said shrugging my shoulders.

I could tell my new attitude had really threw him for a loop. The old me was never a slut and would never just voluntarily offer herself to any man. But Austin really fucked with me and at this point I didn't matter anymore. I had nothing else to live for.

"Hey, I never said that did I? I simply asked a question" he said, not letting my I'm too cool for you attitude intimidate him.

"He fucked with me Allen terribly. I waited for him for three years, three fucking years. He did nothing but build up hope that we would be together and break it all down only to build it back up again. It was like it was a sick fucking game for him. He had this girl that he met in Texas and he instantly fell in love with her. Do you know he never told me that he loved me? I had to have said it half a dozen times before I left Texas and not once did he say it to me. But he meets some Texas promoter and falls instantly in love. Bullshit." I said feeling a lump raise in my throat.