accident

"1 and 2 and 3 and 4ㅡ"

  The NCT U unit practice hard for their '90's Love' performance.

  They've already done it before, once, but as always, they'll still need to perform it at multiple stages and music shows.

   "Alright, let's take a break!" Haechan suggests and they all plummet in exhaustion.

  Omi looks over to the set of bottled water. "Does anyone want water?"

  Choruses of 'yes,' arise from the rest and she carries a few to pass on to those who voiced for one.

  After inhaling a few sips, Naomi continues to practice on her own- perfecting the moves where she thinks she lacks in.

  "Winwinnie, how does this part go again?" She asks the closest mate and he stands to demonstrate.

  Her eyes study him intensely before she attempts to copy and with every trial, Winwin approves but she feels otherwise. 

  She doesn't think she's moving sharp enough and thus, repeats the choreography again and again- twisting, folding and stepping stronger than before to sharpen her dance.

  But her excessive strain leads to a pull of her muscle and she violently crashes on her leg.

  "Omi!" Winwin gasps and crouches as the others rush to the pair.

  Ten holds her arm that clutches onto her right calf as she hisses in pain. "Why? Did you twist your leg?"

  "No... I don't think so but, my ankle hurts," she groans out and tightens her grip from the grief.

  "Let me seeㅡ Oh, shoot! Omi, your ankle's super red! We should tell manager hyung. I think, she needs a check-up," Mark mentions and Yangyang nods vigorously- promptly dialing their manager.

  Donghyuck bends to inspect the injury as well and frowns. "Yah! Can't you take care of yourself better? I told you to take a break!"

   "Sorry..." She apologizes guiltily, knowing he's just worried for her. "But, it's alright! It's just my ankle, it'll heal soon."

  "Still! First, it was Jisung and now, it's you," Hyuck adds and flicks her forehead to which she yelps at.

  "What was that for?? You just hurt a patient!" Omi argues and rubs her temple.

  His frown softens and he ruffles her hair. "Be careful next time, alright?"

  His sudden change of tone makes her heart soft and she nods with a small hum.

  "Manager hyung's already downstairs and said he's gonna bring her to the hospital. He asks if we need his help to bring her down," Yangyang informs.

  "I don't think so because, we can just carry Omi," Sungchan voices.

  Omi wraps her arms around Yangyang and Haechan's necks so they can lift her but with both the height differences and her difficulty in having to hop on one foot- it's harder to do than it sounds.

  Jeno who's been watching, finally decides to step in. "Uh, if it's hard, I can just piggyback her."

  "Bro, that's so much easier," Mark agrees and Winwin nods.

  So instead, Haechan and Yangyang lift Naomi onto Jeno's back as he waits with his knees bent.

  He hoists her up higher to get her comfy before exiting the room- the other members staying behind for practice while he accompanies her to the hospital.

  "You good?" Naomi queries with her head brushing against his fluffy blue hair.

  Jeno chuckles and his eyesmile forms. "I'm supposed to be asking you that."

  "No, like, aren't I heavy? Besides, we were just practicing so you must be tired."

  "Don't worry, it's fine. I can barely even feel your weight," he assures and abruptly, lets out a gasp. "You must be a feather."

  She smacks his back lightly, a faint furrow on her face. "Now you're just exaggerating."

  His chest vibrates as he laughs and she giggles as well before lying her head on his shoulder, feeling secure and peaceful with him.

  Jeno side glances at her and faces the front after- smile widening and heart fluttering.

  He slowly leans his head against hers and her lips also, curve upwards at his sweet form of affection- shutting her eyes to indulge herself in his warmth.

  Although, they say nothing about it, they both wish that this moment would never end.