a bad day (l.dh)

Donghyuck scrolls on his phone with a frown on his face while the other members watch the TV, laughing their guts off.

  An abrupt, loud sigh leaves him and he stands up.

  "Yah! Where are you going?" Johnny asks.

  "Rest."

  And he slams the door of his room shut.

  "What's wrong with him?" Taeyong queries and Johnny sighs.

  "He lost all data of this game he was playing and now he's worked up because of it."

  The members nod understandingly, knowing how upset Donghyuck can be.

  Naomi stares at his door and stops by at the kitchen.

  Knock, knock.

  "Channie, can I come in?" She sounds from out the door and gets an unenthusiastic, salty "yeah."

  The room is dark and he sits on his gaming chair, just about to put on his headphones.

  "Do you want some yogurt?" She offers one while sipping another.

  Haechan stays quiet, busy with wearing his headphones and she just puts it on his desk before pulling his stool to sit beside him.

  The game starts and silence embraces them as she watches intently, amazed at his skills.

  Being the usually expressive person she is in the group, her reactions are lively and distinguishable.

  Whenever he takes over an enemy, she perks her figure and wiggles subtly, a happy grin on her face then, when he's in danger, her eyes go wide and frantic, hiding behind her palms.

  And Hyuck can't help but notice it through the reflection on his screen.

  The golden trophy image pops up and Omi claps soundlessly under the table. "I knew it! He's always the king in this."

  She does gang gang signs at the screen as if the other members of his team can see- not knowing that Hyuck isn't wearing the other side of his headphone.

  His lips stretch into a smile but he quickly hides it away. "Did you come here to cheer me up?"

  She turns to him. "Is it working?"

  "No," he scoffs, teasing her as he picks up the yoghurt.

  She winces her eyes at him, discerning the hint of playfulness in his tone. "I think it did, though."

  "Just by bringing me a small bottle of yoghurt? Yeah, sure, sure," he feigns ignorance again and gets elbowed. "Ah!"

  "I didn't even hit you that hard! Plus, I wasn't talking about the yoghurt, I was talking about the company. Just by being there for someone can change a lot of things you know," Omi says.

  "You mean by making things worse?"

  "Yah!"

  Haechan lets out sets of amused chuckles, a genuine smile plastered on his face and she can see the light building up in him.

  "Fine, fine. You win this time because I let you," he smugly states and Naomi exaggeratedly flips her long hair.

  "I alrzwayz winnez," she slurrs with a silly accent and they burst out laughing at how drunk it sounds.

  Getting tired of gaming sitting down, Hyuck moves to lie on the bed and play on his phone while Naomi clings onto his side like a koala, fast asleep.

  She suddenly flips onto her back, letting her arm slip from his torso and hang off the bed.

  Donghyuck glances at her, disliking the absence of her arm and swings it back onto his stomach- lowering down from his sitting position so he can rest his head on hers.

  A bulb then lights up and he quickly turns on his camera before taking a selfie with her and going back to gaming- a small, giddy smile on his face.

  a random chapter for y'all <3 thanks for reading!! úwù
- moon 🌙