memories (l.jn) - pt.twenty six

Naomi smiles at the nurse who came to deliver her food before focusing back on the NCT Music Bank stage on TV.

  The first few days she started rehab, she had frequent breakdowns and bad withdrawals so to make things more efficient, her phone was taken for the time being.

  Social media isn't the best place for comfort at the moment. But still, there's a television in her room and seeing the members performing great calms her.

  She turns to the shut, white curtains. It's been long since they've seen or even talked and it's filling her with a heavy sense of longing.

  It's been a while she's been here, more than a month even and her condition improved drastically quick. Will she get to meet them soon?

-

  Jeno strums on his guitar and it lets out a melodious sound.

  He looks at the bikes on his wall- Jaemin's and his and spots the bracelet tied around his bike's handle.

  A smile rests on his face as he unties it.

  "It's been long since I went cycling," Omi admits, slowly riding her rented bike, following Jaemin and Jeno.
"But, I'm not really that badㅡ"

  She gets cut off when she accidentally cycles over a big rock and her ride goes unstable- timbering over to the side and rolling onto the grass.

  "Are you okay?" Jeno rushes to help and Jaemin checks for any bruises on her knees.

  "Fit as a fiddle!" She beams. "I do need to wash my hands though, the soil got them dirty."

  She takes off her charm bracelet and passes it to Jeno. "Can you hold this for me?"

  In the end, she forgot all about it and it's been with him since. She always had her clumsy moments.

  He suddenly shivers at the chill from the air conditioner.

  "Jeno-yah! Cuddles!!" Omi shouts from across the room and Jeno chuckles, readily stretching his arms open before she jumps in- letting out a little chirp when she does.

  He looks down at her and sees her beaming up at him with her glowing honey cheeks and bright, moon eyes. "You're warm."

  Jeno puts a hand on his chest, feeling the fast beats of his heart as the tender feel spreads and then, looking at the lucky charm in his hand.

  His phone chimes and he checks to see, feeling slightly disappointed that it's just from Renjun who's asking for the pic they took last time to post on Weibo.

  Jeno starts scrolling in his gallery but finds something else instead. A grin stretches at the video.

  She took it with his phone when she stole it because he accidentally stained hers with whipped cream from the cake

  "Yah! That's my phone!" Naomi shouts when she realises and the members laugh at her reaction while she wipes off the cream.

  She scrunches her nose in annoyance and paints a line of cream on Jeno's cheek as payback. "Payback, mister!"

  "Mister??" Jeno repeats and she gives a piece sign, trying to appear 'swag.'

  "Ew, she's trying to be cool," Donghyuck comments and she pounces on him before a war of tag starts.

  Jeno scoffs, watching the video again when another chime interrupts.

  He pulls down the notification bar, expecting nothing but is taken aback when it's a message from Omi to the group.

  The sincerity and emotions are so clearly felt from her oh, so deep message;

omi 🍳: hola peeps

  ...well, uh, probably not.