clingy (l.dh) - pt.twenty five

June. The month has changed as well as the season. But, still, no news of Omi is given.

  The members haven't been talking with her either. Their messages are sent, but none are replied. It's like their line of communication has been cut off.

  Visiting isn't an option either considering their busy schedules and to pry off the nosy news reporters.

  Yuta scrolls the chat between him and Omi and sighs at the one-sided conversation- turning to Donghyuck who's leaning his head on the window, staring out motionlessly.

  They're all close with Omi, that's indisputable and if they can do anything to make her stay, they would. But Haechan, he holds another connection with Omi, one that's stronger and deeper than the others can seem to understand.

  And her absence has taken a toll on him- making him more quiet and reserved. And everyone knows how loud Donghyuck is.

  The blooming trees pass by quickly and the bright colours just remind him of her.

  "Donghyuck!" Naomi frantically shouts in worry when he twists his leg and plummets to the ground in pain.

  He groans, clutching onto his leg and he's rushed for check-up.

  "So, he won't be joining any of the year-end activities," their manager tells as they stand at the waiting area near the hospital counter.

  The members all show their care and regret at the thought of him being unable to participate.

  "Can we visit him?" Omi asks and they head over to his ward after gaining permission.

  "We can't stay for long though, you have your recording schedule after this," the manager informs and the members nod.

  Donghyuck turns to the door at their entrance and some run to him- Omi being the first and leaps to give him a warm embrace.

  "Omi was so worried. She thought it was gonna be really terrible or something," Jaehyun chuckles and the girl gives a guilty smile.

  Donghyuck pats her head. "I'm fine. It's just a little fracture."

  "I know. I just got a bit scared," she admits.

  They all chat for a bit, making sure he's fine before they head to leave. Omi, however, chooses to stay longer because she already finished her bit of recording the first time they went.

  "Dream manager can pick me up later when the Dreamies come to visit," Naomi says, pulling the chair from the wall to his side and sitting on it.

  "You're so clingy," Hyuck jokingly complains and she shrugs- clasping his hands with both of hers, giving comfort.

  She grins cordially and shuts her eyes, endulging in the heat from him. "When I'm not there, you're gonna miss my clingy-ness, anyways."

  He stares at her soft features- her long lashes, fluffy cheeks, rosy lips and the way they're upturned slightly as she pulls his hands closer to her.

  "Yeah, right. Never in my entire life. I'm independent on my own, troll," he scoffs and she flutters her eyes open.

  "Mhm. Yeah, yeah, I get it. You're the oh-so-mighty Fullsun," she comments, giggling and Hyuck chuckles, gazing at her and feeling himself getting warmer- starting from his chest where the heart lies.

  The van hops slightly at the speed bump and Donghyuck is brought back to the present. He stares at his palms, feeling his frozen skin from the air-conditioner.

  She's right, he does miss her being clingy.