birthday prank pt.01

"Hello, Seasonies," Jaemin talks to the small camera. "Today is the 12th of March. Two days from now is Omi's birthday and we wanted to surprise her."

  "Two days? Three days, you mean. Her birthday's on the 15th," Hyuck argues from beside him.

  Jaemin furrows. "Two days! Because, on the 3rd day, it's already her birthday!"

  Hyuck opens his mouth only to close it back again, unable to argue. Jaemin's actually right.

  "Anyways, so what we're gonna do is pull a prank on her," Jaemin tells excitedly and Hyuck nods, grinning.

  The latter turns to the cam. "That is very true, MC Jaemin. Today, he and I are gonna pretend to fight. Since we're in the dance studio right now, the plan is that Jaemin will constantly 'forget' his dance moves and we all have to start over.
  "That's when I will come in and pretend to get irritated. Like, really mad. Then, I call him out for it, he argues back and we start fighting.
  "The other members will then, try to calm us down and when things start to get out of hand, Jisung and Chenle will run out to 'get the manager' while in fact, they're getting the cake."

  Jaemin nods as he listens. "Yes, very good, Haechan-ssi. Oh, you there, the little one."

  They approach Renjun, making him turn. "Me? I'm the little one?"

  "Yes, you. Anyways, what do you think about this and how would Omi react?" Jaemin interviews.

  Renjun looks at the camera, wondering. "Well, I think it will be an exciting and successful plan because we don't actually know what to expect. Knowing Omi, she will obviously try to be the peacemaker but since she's never actually seen us fight this seriously in front of her, I'm not sure how she'll do it."

  "Mhm, very true. Now, Jeno. What do you think?" Haechan asks next.

  Jeno jolts, surprised at the sudden quiz as he was just sitting in the corner with his phone like an abandoned speck of dust.
"Uhh, I'm not sure. I just hope it goes well."

  "NOJAM!" Donghyuck shouts. "Booo!"

  The rest follow, except for Jeno who's flashing his signature eyesmile when Chenle speeds into the room.

  "They're coming," he whisper-shouts, carrying the food they ordered.

  Donghyuck quickly hides away the camera, not that worried since other cameras are also, secretly put.

  Jisung and Omi walk in, talking about mushroom heads and they put down the food and drinks they carry.

  Has it started? Jisung asks with his eyes and Renjun nods subtly.

  "Are we gonna eat first?" Omi asks, looking up at Jeno with her round, curious eyes.

  Donghyuck shakes his head. "Nah, let's practice a few more times and then eat. That way we can go straight home."

  Ready, set, action!

  They dance with music, considering they've already learnt it and it reaches Jaemin's part.

  He skips a move, breaking the perfect synchronisation of their choreography.

  "Ah, sorry! I forgot! Let's do it again," Jaemin pretends.

  So, they do, from the beginning- Jaemin proceeding to make more mistakes.

  "Jaemin-ah, you keep forgetting," Donghyuck starts in a low tone, a glower worn. "Let's do it again."

  Nana looks at him, subtle irritation shown. "Yeah, yeah, sure."

  Omi shifts her gaze between the two, feeling tense as she thinks it's true- unbeknownst to her is that the rest are sneakily checking her reaction.

  They start humming and manually making the beats of the song and Donghyuck glances at Jaemin, waiting for him to make an intentional mistake.

  Which he does by purposely spinning to the right while the others to the left.

  "Na Jaemin, FOCUS!" Donghyuck bursts and the poor girl flinches- the rest feeling slightly bad at her genuine shock.

  Everyone freezes as all eyes turn to Donghyuck and Jaemin whose stances are faced towards each other- anger and irritation oozing.