'lucky' with donghyuck pt.01

"Knock, knock."

  "Come in," Donghyuck replies to the familiar voice and Naomi peeks her head in.

  "Let's practice," she says and Hyuck looks up from his phone.

  "'Lucky?'"

  Naomi nods and he pats the spot beside him.

  She closes the door and enters the cold room that Donghyuck shares with Johnny. But since, Johnny's out, Haechan's here alone.

  Silence roams as Omi and Hyuck prepare their lyrics and audio to sing to and the tune for 'Lucky' by Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Caillat begin to fill the quietness.

  Haechan starts first, thumb pressed on his phone screen, ready to scroll following the lyrics.
"Do you hear me?
  I'm talking to you.
Across the water,
  across the deep, blue ocean,
under the open sky.
  Oh my, baby, I'm trying."

  Naomi bobs her head to the rhythm.
"Boy, I hear you,
  in my dreams.
I feel your whisper,
  across the sea.
I keep you with me,
  in my heart."

  She points at him before placing a hand her heart- wearing a 'sentimental' look and he grins endearingly, amused.

  "You make it easier
when life gets hard."

  And then, they sing together.

  "Lucky I'm in love
with my bestfriend.
  Lucky to have been
where I have been.
  Lucky to be coming
home again~"

  Their tender gazes never falter from one another while gentle, warm smiles are etched on their loving miens towards each other.

  A sense of tranquility and fluff envelope them and weighs the air yet, they're most comfortable as the world around them slows.

  "Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh~"

  She doubles his voice and their soft tones perfectly complement- creating a contagious harmony.

  "They don't know how long it takes
(they don't know how long it takes),
  waiting for a love like this.
Every time we say goodbye
  (every time we say goodbye),
I wish we had one more kiss.
  I'll wait for you, I promise you, I will~"

  Their figures start to sway side to side in sync as their song begins to muffle all other sounds- engrossing themselves in the lyrics and Donghyuck can't help but glance at her lips at the mention of 'kiss.'

   He lifts his eyes back up to hers and sees that hers are hidden behind lids as she drowns in the music- focusing completely on the magical melody they create.

  But to Donghyuck, this time the magic comes from something else- someone he just can't seem to pull his gaze away from.

  Naomi's eyelids lift when a warm hand holds her cheek and she smiles at Haechan whose affectionate countenance wears a soft doting grin.

"Lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
  Lucky to have been where I have been.
Lucky to be coming home again."

  Their hearts melt at the warmth that imbues from one another- occupying their minds.

  Donghyuck begins to notice the strong beats of his heart, stronger than usual and its speed that makes it seem like it's going overdrive.

  The lyrics that pass his lips, does she know that they're sincere? Something that genuinely comes from deep within?

  He's distracted when he suddenly, feels another hand cupping his own that rests on her cheek and his smile widens- heartbeats sporadic and starting to pop.

"Lucky we're in love in every way.
  Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
  Lucky to be coming home someday."

  The door abruptly swings open and in comes Johnny.

  "Oh, sorry! Didn't mean to bomb your date!" He raises his hands in regret when he sees the two.

  Donghyuck deadpans. "Mhm, right. You can go now."

  Naomi giggles. "It's fine, we're done, anyways."

  "But the song's not finished!" Haechan complains as the girl stands to leave.

  She shakes her head. "True. But we have a shoot remember. Come on."

  Hyuck looks at her outstretched hand and restrains the giddy smile that threatens to show.

  "Okay~" He connects their fingers and she brings them both out.

  A mischievous grin plays on Johnny's lips and he winks at Haechan- knowingly wiggling his brows and the younger frowns in denial.