skin and bones - pt.sixteen

Though, all the false happiness and bliss from the drug must come to an end.

  Then, comes the blue and desolation.

  That's what the drug does- depleting you off of all your serotonin and when it wears off, it leaves you falling into a pit of depression and disorientation.

  But, Omi has no time for that. 'Punch' is coming soon and she needs to work hard- harder, considering now that she's always so distracted.

  She intensely observes herself from the mirror as she dances to their choreography- the rest just chilling since they've been practicing nonstop.

  So did Omi, but she's still not planning to sit down any time soon. She needs to make sure everything is perfect and whenever the members try to approach, she pulls out the, "I'm fine," card.

  Taeyong sighs, concerned at her state.

  Everytime she swings her arms up, her cropped hoodie is lifted and the bones of her rib cage protrude out so clearly and her stomach is just sunk in.

  It may all look normal at first glance but if you see close enough, it's obvious that she's just skin and bones- the members can see that.

  "Omi...don't you think you need to relax for a moment?" Taeyong asks slowly but Omi continues dancing.

  She shakes her head- eyes still stuck on the mirror. "No, I'm fine."

  "Omi..." Tae tries again.

  "I said I'm fine," she declares fiercely. Voice controlled but stern and forceful.

  She pauses at the realization and turns to the sad Taeyong whose puppy eyes are doe and sad as he stares back down at her.

  "I'm sorry," she mumbles, guilty. "But really, it's okay. I'll just practice a bit more and resㅡ"

  Jaehyun holds her shoulder gently. "No, Omi. You need to sit down now. Just take a few minutes break and after that, I wouldn't say anything if you wanna practice."

  "Jaehyun, Iㅡ"

  "Stop."

  Everyone turns silent at his deep, authoritative tone that so rarely surfaces.

  "You haven't gotten enough sleep, enough food and you're always tired. Omi, look at you, you're all bony, you need to eat," Jaehyun advices, holding both her defined shoulders to make sure she faces him.

  His whole figure radiates care and warmth and it's starting to tear down her wall that's keeping all her bottled emotions in.

  She pulls away and takes a step back.

  "Is there something going on, Omi?" Johnny asks, brows bent down in worry. "You can tell us anything. We just don't want you to continue being like this. It hurts us too."

  She shakes her head, panting and shivering at a sudden cold flash, making the members furrow in confusion.

  "Omi, you really need to sit doㅡ" Yuta gets cut off when she swivels abruptly and bumps into Mark who's just bringing her water and they both tumble to the floor.

  "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry! Are you okay?"

  Mark's words are a blur as she starts to have a sudden headache and Taeil bends down, about to hoist her up but freezes suddenly.

  "Guys..." He calls, in a state of shock.

  The rest crowd around him and gasp at the sight of her left arm- the cuts now exposed as her oversized sleeve is unintentionally pulled up from the fall.

  Doyoung crouches down, fingers brush against her slitted skin as he tries to get a better view but she suddenly jolts at it.

  Headache now fading and she realizes the crowd around her staring at her bare, scarred limb.

  "Omi!" Haechan shouts when she starts running out and he quickly chases after- slipping from the excessive speed and giving her the advantage.

  The other members dash out as well.

  "Omi! Omi, where are you?" Johnny calls.

  Little do they know that she's just in a nearby room, listening to their desperate shouts and quick footsteps.

  But, she's pinned to the door with another's hand clamping her mouth while he makes sure the door is locked tight.

  "What happened now, huh?" Heo Yoon asks, chuckling with a glint in his eyes and she quivers in fright.